Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends, i've been searching for engines for my manta A to see future possibilities and prices and i found in spain wrekers (desguaces) the best prices availiable, also the quantity of opel parts for our opels, so in my research i found that the prices go around moreless 700 euro for complete engines with or without gear box, friends of mine that bought there in those wrekers directly said that they test the engines so its nice. So i found a alot of cih opel engines that i might be interested such as 2.4l, 2.2l, 3.0l, 3.0dual ram, and others, also alot of cheap saab turbo engines, so these are the ones that are interesting me, since everything goes moreless at the same price, it comes down to what is easier to install, and more cost effective, the easy ones as i think i know is the 2.2 and 2.4, but ive been Reading and i cant figure it out wich one is the best; the 3.0 and so one they are a dream and it would be a beautiful beast but probably it will give me problems with the law in the end :p ohh well this is still all theory but at least i will have a better idea what to go for. by the way theres an elephant in the room of the turbo that i would like to do aswell. dreams dreams. oh well… :biglaugh:

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,426 Posts
Best option if you can find it is a Omega A 2.4L, Frontera A with 2.4i and the Rekord with 2.2L/5speed

They bolt in.

Omega is tuned a little different and possibly the intake on it will work on a Manta, otherwise you will need a 2.2L intake.

·
Registered
654 Posts
The best option seems to be the C24NE because it seems that there are no stock pistons available for the 22E anymore, which makes a rebuild more expensive due to the higher price of forged ones. One way to do it is to use a 22E or C24NE short block with a 20E head, that way you can use the 20E intake that flows better than the 22E one and fits under the hood without problems.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,110 Posts
the easy ones as i think i know is the 2.2 and 2.4, but ive been Reading and i cant figure it out wich one is the best; the 3.0 and so one they are a dream and it would be a beautiful beast but probably it will give me problems with the law in the end :p
I've had a 2.0 and a 2.4, both with carbs. I haven't had the 2.2 experience, nor the Opel FI experience, yet, but I'll be getting a 2.2 with FI sometime this year. The one thing I always wanted was more torque when I had the 2.0. Alone in the car it drove fine, with a passenger it felt like I was towing a dumpster. My 2.4 wouldn't even know I was towing a dumpster. Honestly. I've pulled a 250lb trailer and a passenger in the car and it didn't even know they were there, the car hauled azz. The 2.4's are considered to be best at lower rpms because they are "stroker" engines that can pull a lot of weight, but they run out of juice at around 5500rpm. The 2.2's are "almost" strokers, I'm told, so I'm quite intrigued to see what they are like. I don't care for high speed/high rpm driving and I want all my power and performance at low rpms, therefore, my 2.4 is actually perfect for me. I don't know if I'll be able to talk myself into putting the less torquey 2.2 engine in. I presume that a 2.2 would have a much better top end and would generally be better overall. I just REALLY like low rpm thrills and I have almost no interest in high speed thrills.

A 3.0? If you have the skills and the money, go for it!

:yup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts