Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Opeler
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.2L Rekord engine

I need help on this one. I got a 2.2FI engine from Germany that came out of a rekord. What year I don't know. I want to put it in my 73 GT. I can't figure out the wires on the harness that goes to the FI. I know where to hook up the sensors, distributor and computer but cant figure out the power input line na dthe other wires. I guess I also need to figure out my vacuum lines. Any suggestions

·
Senior Contributor
5,050 Posts
I will be doing EXACTLY the same thing. I have a 2.2 sitting waiting in the wings - it's going into my '73. Anyway - I believe there is a full pdf version of a '75 FSM which inlcudes the wiring on this site. Look in the photo gallery.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
FI in a GT

bmetsoldier said:
I need help on this one. I got a 2.2FI engine from Germany that came out of a rekord. What year I don't know. I want to put it in my 73 GT. I can't figure out the wires on the harness that goes to the FI. I know where to hook up the sensors, distributor and computer but cant figure out the power input line na dthe other wires. I guess I also need to figure out my vacuum lines. Any suggestions
How about this guide to FI installation in a GT.

·
Opeler
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys, this is just what I needed. markandson good luck on yours. PM me sometime and let me know how yours is going. I'm a amature at all of this but it is a fun experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts