Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
2.4i Exhaust Manifold

THe 2.4i exhaust tucks in closer to the engine than the standard one, by the look of it. The Torana manifold has a similar flange position but is rotated 45 degrees but in about the same swept-back position - it interfers with the oil pressure sender.

The advantage of the 2.4i manifold is the oxygen sensor for use with "closed-loop" fuel injection. Got any spare ones Lasse H ??

Attachments

· Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Torana SL1900

Toranas were GMHolden of Australia's sub-compact which grew into a super car. The base engine was the 19S Opel motor, imported from Germany - the same motor used in GTs, except they used 9:1 CR. Still had the Solex carb but usually had Delco distributors and starter motors. They started off with the Vauxhall Viva motor but changed to the bigger Opel motor for a bit more power. Later in production they had options of 2.3; 2.8; 3.0 and 3.3 litre Holden sixes and also 253 cid and 308 cid Holden V8s

Terribly underpowered with the Opel motor so most were replaced with the sixes and V8s - which means that there are some 19S motors about for the astute GT owner to snap up cheap! The exhaust manifolds have much larger outlet flanges orientated at 45 degrees to the motor centreline and swept back to the rear of the motor much like the 2.4i manifold - which has its outlet flange rotated the full 90 degrees compared to the GT original. Here are flange gasket comparisons:

PS: The O2 sensor system is a superior type of FI - thanks for remembering me!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.