Looking to start a concise thread on building a street 2.4 head. There are many threads on porting so not looking to duplicate those threads. The goal is what should you be telling your local machine shop to do with these heads? I'll start with the below:
- standard clean and magnaflux to check for issues
- Upgrade to SBC stainless valves, sizes 1.94" and 1.60" for intake/exhaust
- add oil plug from OGTS in back of head
- replace cam bearings
- install mid-level good street combo cam (OR-66 or GM-77 or something else?)
- What valve springs or set of double springs are recommended for a bigger cam?
- What valve spring pounds of force should be targeted for closed and open positions of each valve?
- What valve stem heights are acceptable on the 2.4 head?
- any other build considerations?