Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found two '69 GT's (looked up the chassis numbers to be sure) at a little junkyard that the guy has said will be squished in the next month. One is in rather bad shape - rust, rust, rust and some bondo (or more than some) on the passenger door. Still has the gas cap and believe at least two rims are original, glass is still intact, instrument panel pretty good (all there), still had original cirgarette lighter in good condition (but had an OpelGT Source sticker on windshield so who knows, it may be new), shift lever still there, etc.
Second GT was interesting. Engine still in place and looked pretty good. Dash (on both) was cracked up like it was glass hit with a sledgehammer but instrument panel was good. Square indicator lights on panel looked great. Less rust but rear left quarter panel crumpled and front left bumper was damaged and (this was a hoot) had a hinged piece of siding (?) over the missing gas cap and surrounding area. Windshield spiderwebbed. Both had the plywood shelf in the spare tire compartment and the wire frame that I think was for the spare.
Anyway, they are there and if anyone is interested just let me know and I'll try to get you any info I can on them.

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
If it is at all possible I'd like to have a rear panel and the better of the dash assemblies if at all possible. I'm not in a position to go get them so let me know. I'd take the gas cap in whatever condition too.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grant,
Email or Pm a list for me and I'll check out what I'm going to be able to do. Gotta find out what this guy is going to do - charge me or what.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I need a gas tank and the metal gas filler neck that runs from the gas cap to the tank. If there is another gas cap, I need that too but if not then Grant can have it cause I'm sure I'll come accrossed one. also the rear bumber support that is inside the car behind the rear panel that Grant needs. Last thing I need is the rectangular rear side markers if they are not cracked. If you can't get this for free, could you price it out for me. Thanks -Scott

·
77 Posts
Rear Side Markers

OPIES_OPEL_GT said:
I need a gas tank and the metal gas filler neck that runs from the gas cap to the tank. If there is another gas cap, I need that too but if not then Grant can have it cause I'm sure I'll come accrossed one. also the rear bumber support that is inside the car behind the rear panel that Grant needs. Last thing I need is the rectangular rear side markers if they are not cracked. If you can't get this for free, could you price it out for me. Thanks -Scott
On the "opel ad board" quitejet has some for sale, take a ganders :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.