Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a question better suited to Gary as our webmaster and OMC's. I would sometimes log onto what I thought was the OMC new site (opelclub.com/ezc/ezcontents) and always found it "under construction". Today I "googled" opel clubs and logged onto OMC's site at opelclub.com/mambo/index and that site appears to be up and running. Is that the "new" OMC site? The first site I have been going to for quite awhile (and that is under construction) is what I had listed in my favorites folder as being the "old" OMC site and visited on a regular basis. If that site is no longer in use, and it appears dead, maybe should be dropped so newbies don't get confused by trying to enter a site that has been under construction for over a year! I was always confused when Gary would post an item regarding the new OMC site and I would check it out only to find the site non-functional. At least the mystery is solved for me! :)

·
Administrator
10,231 Posts
www.opelclub.com is the url for the OMC site. There is a script that redirects you to the current program which is in the opelclub.com/mambo folder. The /index.php file is the file that starts the process off. The other link (ezcontents) was a program I was beta testing and then found mambo to be better. I'll remove the old one to end the confusion.

Mambo has just released a new version and it's on my "to do" list to upgrade opelclub.com. At that time, I'll also change the start page to be the main page.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for clearing that up for me and maybe others. I thought maybe I was losing it everytime I went to the OMC site to check on something you did and it never looked different! As others have said you do a great job for us on your site and I am sure once you get some free time (ha ha :p ) the OMC site will look just as good!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts