Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 30 Posts

· 1000 Post Club
4,128 Posts
Yes, it is a 2 speed Blower.

There are two wires which connect to the blower box. They are located under the dash on the passenger side. Very easy access. One wire passes through a resistor(located inside the blower) for the low speed and the other one is hooked directly to the blower motor(high speed). Check to see if the any of the wires have come off of their mounts, a common problem.

· 1000 Post Club
4,128 Posts
Move the wire on the blower, located just under the glovebox where your feet go, from the low speed tab to the high speed tab. Turn the blower on low. If it runs on high speed, the problem is the resistor. To remove the resistor, you have to remove the blower box. To remove the blower box you must remove the dash and dashpad. This is a big undertaking.

Jeff

· 1000 Post Club
4,128 Posts
The wires are easy to get to. What I mean by under the glove box is in the foot well on the passenger side you will see the blower box located above your feet or Calves. The wires are right there. I'm not aware of any other styles other than the location of the heater valve. I have 4 heater boxes in stock and they are all the same.

· 1000 Post Club
4,128 Posts
The ceramic piece is the resistor. When you hook power to the resistor, the fan should spin but at a slower rate than hooking it directly to the blower motor, i.e. resistance. The ceramic piece is to absorb heat from the resistor wire. You can try to replace the ceramic, but I'm sure someone here has a spare resistor.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.