Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple of updates: Our first Texas Club meeting for 2004 is set for Memorial Day Weekend, near the Dallas area. We are expecting a good turnout, so put it on your calender. One of the features of this meet will be setting up a dyno session at a local speed shop for those who want to dyno their GT's.

We are also in the process of replacing our Yahoo Groups with newer software strangely similar to this, I believe. That should be in place by Nov 15th, 2003.

We recently had our fall meet, a week later than most clubs, and turnout was pretty good: 12 GT's and 2 Kadetts....Oh, and a Corbin Sparrow...

At the risk of being redundant, I'll post this in the "Meets" forum here as well....

Rick
Houston, Tx

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
count celeste in..I plan to be in texas for the meeting

thanks to nobody..rear end is good.

I am having clutch/throwout/pilot bearing noise..if i get it fixed in time..I

see you in Dallas...I will be there.

road trip...I got to to blow the cobbs out. I will be in Joplin in 3 hours..Tulsa in 5...

tell me where to be..maybe I will follow somebody in ..once I cross the Macon county line.

the jb ported intake is doing just fine..your texas heat will be a piece of cake....

if the jb melts..so will all the paint and all the rubber hoses..

celeste is doing 27 mpg on the getrag 5...

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
route 66..what could be better in a 70 GT?

Joplin to Oklahoma city is route 66.

it is less than 600 miles one way..

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Joplin to OKC is 4hrs. So, KC to OKC is 7hrs. You might consider going thru Joplin one way and the other via I35 for a speed run- put some heat to the JB intake.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Maps to Rodz from North and West

bucky said:
Joplin to Oklahoma city is route 66.

it is less than 600 miles one way..
Go south from OK City on I-35 until you come to US-82 east. Go east on US-82 to Sherman and continue east on it through Sherman to Bell (~9.5 mi). In Bell look for US-69 south (Pecan St) and take US-69 south through Canaan, Whitewright and Trenton to Leonard. As you enter Leonard, you will see an intersection with TX-896 going north (left). Take it north through an "S" curve for about 1.5 miles and you'll see Rodz Opel Haus on the left right in front of two large silos . . . hey, everyone says he lives in the sticks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Maps to Rodz from South

For those of you coming from the south, go north on US-75 past McKinney and exit on TX-121 (angles off on the right towards the NE). Take TX-121 all the way to Trenton to the US-69 SE. Take US-69 SE to Leonard and follow detail map in previous post to Rodz Haus.

Attachments

·
Driver
987 Posts
Well all this Carlisle talk has got me itchin' to go Opelin'! I am definitely going now! It's going to be good to meet Bucky and other new folks. Unless a bunch of people lied to me, we should have a decent turnout.
I need to tweak on my carb and see if I can't get my secondary stumble ironed out.
See ya'll Saturday!!

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
texas meeting

hey opelenvy,

I feel the same way.Carlisle talk has got me pumped. I was hoping to make
the teaxs meeting as it is the closest meeting to my location.

I had emailed killer texas gt last week with my regrets.Several factors were a part. Hopefully I will be ready for the drive down or maybe I fly down in the fall.

Sorry I cant make it now. Let me know the fall date.The farther I know ahead..better chance I got.

Have a great meeting.

·
70's Opeler, back 4 more!
398 Posts
Bucky,

I made the pass through Dallas, down I-35 through Wichita and OKC, in about 7 - 7.5 hours. My brother-in-law tows a boat down and figures 8 hours of travel.

Could have been made faster if I hadn't spent so much time in the pits.

C

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
fall texas meeting

hey houserc,

why dont we plan a fall caravan to the fall texas meeting?

(since you are consulting down there..sounds like a business expense to me) :)

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,322 Posts
Trip Thoughts

Hey Bucky, Sounds like you are doing fine. You might want to get some phone numbers of members of this site on your adventure route to Texas in case you have the need for road side help..... Drive Bucky Drive.. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Latest head count . . .

How about a quick head count of who's going to show this weekend?! Don't be shy, people!

:confused:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I will

If I can get the GT running beforehand.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Get your GT running?

Scott McDonald said:
If I can get the GT running beforehand.
What's left to do? :confused:

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
texas meet

I will be there?

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Killer Tx GT said:
I will be there?
You mean you're going to be home?!!

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
coming from the west

For everyone who normally comes down Hiway 82 to Sherman and then heads south to Leonard via other roads. 82 is know open all the way to Bonham, so go through Sherman staying on 82 take hiway 69 south to Leonard.

remember we are in a dry county so get your supplies in Denison or Melissa or sooner if see a place , we will have a limited supply on hand.

Door prizes are also offered so come with some ideas.

rk

·
Senior Contributor
673 Posts
yes, I have been here cleaning up around the shop for all those parts that I have been giving to myself, ty say that ghost sure did move slow

·
Registered
214 Posts
Fire

tekenaar said:
What's left to do? :confused:
Trying to repair the elect. fire damage. Having some kind of coil, or ignitor problem. No fire to the plugs.

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
399 Posts
The spring Texas Opel club meeting was a blast. It was well worth the drive from Oklahoma. We dyno'ed our cars at the local speed shop (51Hp and 77Ft.Lb. at the rear wheels).

We worked on cars, had a beer and talked about cars. A meeting like this gives you a certain amount of feedback and discussion that it is hard to find anywhere else. When every other car is a Honda or a VW it is good to get encouragement about your unique little car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts