Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the 2005 season has now officially began with last weekend being the first race in melbourne, was just wondering if anyone else was a fan? favorite driver? team? course?

also wondering what people thought of schumachers crash? heidfelds fault, or did schumi have it coming?

personal favorites
driver - Kimi Raikkonen
team - McLaren Mercedes
course -Monaco

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,405 Posts
Being a big fan since Schumi conquered the racing world. Never missed a race on TV or VCR since more than 10 years.

Favorites:
Driver: Michael Schumacher - a professional doing his job, leaving emotions out of the car
Team: Ferrari - they are a TEAM, not only employers
Course: Indianapolis - not because its the best course, but see me in June on the RV lawn, a steak on the table, a beer in hand and the biggest smile you've ever seen in my face, and you know why!

Dieter

·
Registered
521 Posts
Ferrari team

Aryton Senna back in the day, but I like Schooey too.

Kimi has been interesting to watch since the last season. Very up and coming.

Monza , but I like the old Spa course.

Any one play Grand Prix Legends on the PC???

·
Registered
214 Posts
What do you guys think of the new rules? What was the reasoning? Certainly not safety.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am not a particular fan of the new rules for aerodynamics, but i think the motor and tire regs are an interesting change, not nessecarily for the best, but interesting nevertheless.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
BAR
button
and the british gran prix old course at brands hatch (walked it once and could not beleve the amout it went up and down cant stand airport tracks like silverstone)

scott the new regs are all to cut costs or so they say
but i think it just means that the ferraris and mclarens will spend even more to get the best out of the cars (if they want it saft they would give them a wheel barrow and tell them to push it round {hay id pay good money to watch that must phone bernie ecclstone about a deal })
when you think of ford having to sell there team as it cost to much to run in the top 4 teams (and jag never did that ) it makes you wonder how much
paul stoddart must be spending each week to be last
still its better than watching some guy turn left all the time (sorry jeff just kidding :D )

btw most hated driver the fat little jack from canada, no talent just whines ,wished they'd left him on the dole(unemployment in the uk) not given him a ride again he will just crash all there cars then blame the team like he did for bar wish he was 1 /10th the driver his dad was

must go and have a lie down now and a dried frog pill

·
333 Posts
The new engine rule is a good idea but badly executed. Michael gets a new engine now. I want to know how long it will be before there are only 8 cars running at the end of a race. If you are having a bad day just retire the car and get a fresh engine for the next week.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
just watched a busch series race from mexico
when did they start turning right ??

never watch them as a rule because the oval races seem to be a case of watching for the crashes to me (just a personal thought from a brit so please dont shoot me jeff :D also only watch the cart road races )
but i really enjoyed this race
a few of them seemed to still get lost but thats normal in any race
any one know the dates of any other road course races this year so i can watch out for them

·
Super Moderator
5,928 Posts
baz said:
btw most hated driver the fat little jack from Canada, no talent just whines ,wished they'd left him on the dole(unemployment in the uk) not given him a ride again he will just crash all there cars then blame the team like he did for bar wish he was 1 /10th the driver his dad was
baz said:
Last edited by baz : 10 Hours Ago at 12:47 PM. Reason: so as not to alienate my friends in Canada
Ouch. Jeez baz, what were you saying about Jacques V. BEFORE you edited your post? While agreeing with your comment about Gilles, Jacques must have SOME skill, to have won a CART and an F1 championship. Yea, he had good cars and good teams, but it still takes SOME skill to win.

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
well at least i got to it before anyone saw it :D

btw his latest excuse for the weekend was his car was just to slow
i thought he stopped using that 2 years ago when jensen just plain out drove him and he stomped off in a huff
as to his skills and this is just my own opinion
i dont think he can set up a car to save his lift , when he won cart he had the best team in any form of motorsport for the job they did
when he did F1 he had the help of damon hill to set it up
as soon as he lost that help he was nowhere ,then when he started BAR he had 1 of the best test drivers to help but with no one good in the sister car who could set it up for race day he got his normal result
then wheen BAR got a good second driver he spat his dummy (comforter /soother ) out and bitched for 12 races till he stomped off

so i guess you could say i dont like the guy

james hunt was my race hero a man who could not drive a race car sober or not high on coke but then again the FIA has always refused to do drug testing in motor sport as they know it would make scoring a race to hard if the first 8-10 drivers were disqualified

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
hi bottles
think the normal service will be resumed at the weekend
schuie
rabino
button

dave i have to agree nelson won the award the order of the brass nadgers every time he raced just so good to watch

·
Opeler
21 Posts
Hi there,

I'm looking at Formula 1 show since 1969, the true is that the good show became history , the fights between Prost and Senna or Mansell and Senna or in the past Stewart and Fitipaldi was unbelievable . At this moment in 2005 we will see may be some interesting situations only regarding engines failures. O.K , after the first race it is sure that Renault is the best car ( until the new Ferrari will appear ) and a nice surprise is Red Bull Racing team ( Coulthard will make good show) .

Regards,

Cristian

·
Manta Maniac
1,385 Posts
baz said:
well at least i got to it before anyone saw it :D

HeHe...I saw it Baz, but I happen to agree with you!!
Rock on Davy Boy!!!....(yeah, I know...keep dreamin')!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
malaysia qualifying

kimi qualified 4th...and schumi qualified 11th, wow, and i thought my birthday was in october

is anybody else happy of ferrari not doing so well?

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
and fat jack was 16th
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
and hes on the knock for the sack if he does not do well tomorrow :D

will be up to watch it at 7 in the morning my time better than 2 weeks ago when i was up at 4.30 am to watch

i like the new qualifing btw think it made for a very good race

·
114 Posts
formula 1 season

hey there
have been a fan four some years now,have been three times to a
race(the noise is incredibly (cool!!))to see it in reality is something special,
can't explane unless you have been there
sunday race
Renault nr1
Mc laren nr2
Bar nr3
may the best driver :rolleyes: win

there is a collectors item at my photogallery,i build it 5 years ago,a cupper
formula 1

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so what do you guys think of the tire failure on raikkonen?

i am not particularly happy, but i am not sure who to be mad at.

heldfeld is crashed into again...poor heidfeld

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
punctures are a fact of life
on track or off ,but the new tyre did get him almost back to the pits before it cast the tread instead of the old tyres habit of taking all the side of the car off
surprised that both BAR's blew up on the same lap looks like a bad year for jenson this year

did anyone see our candaian friend during the race i dont think he was mentioned on british coverage he he
sorry yes he was when he was making a mobile chicane/road block :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts