Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, it's a bit early but I'll try once more. The 2006 Vintage Festival at Lime Rock Park is slated for September 1st-4th this year. Just wondered if anyone from New England is interested in attending one of those days as an Opel Club to view some beautiful scenery and vintage car racing. SCCA Trans-Am and IMSA racing are the focus this year.

Bob

http://www.limerock.com/events_rolex.htm

·
Administrator
9,981 Posts
RallyBob said:
Okay, it's a bit early but I'll try once more. The 2006 Vintage Festival at Lime Rock Park is slated for September 1st-4th this year. Just wondered if anyone from New England is interested in attending one of those days as an Opel Club to view some beautiful scenery and vintage car racing. SCCA Trans-Am and IMSA racing are the focus this year.

Bob

http://www.limerock.com/events_rolex.htm
I would like to go. That weekend is usually difficult though for me.

Let's talk more about it at Opels on the Lawn this weekend.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I plan on attending but doubt that it will be for all 4 days. My goal is to drop one of my spare 1900 engines into the Car and Driver Opel and start using it a bit before actually doing the restoration. If all goes well (it is dependable) I'll drive that up from Long Island. If it isn't, then I'd be tempted to take the Targa.

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm trying to get a head count so we have an idea what to expect...especially in regard to whether we have enough cars to qualify for roped-off infield parking. No use waiting until the last minute.

So far:

RallyBob
Gary
Samdog
MantAscona
matl59
crliwa

Any others interested? I'm talking about one day only, so one is obligated to attend the entire weekend.

Bob

·
187 Posts
I will only be there on saturday and if I will have my car with me has yet to be determined. It really kind of depends on who I'm coming up with, 3 people don't fit all that well in a GT. We'll see how it goes as the day get closer.

·
Senior Contributor
1,463 Posts
Thinking about attending

I was thinking about attending, But would like more details, Lime Rock is not too far for My GT, and would make a nice cruise for the Labor Day weekend.
I don't know what is the best day to come, don't think I could stay four days though. Would need directions to the Track, list of the days events, etc. Sounds like alot of fun.:yup:

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,482 Posts
Bob,
As mentioned back when this was first suggested, I was planning on making the event. I'll email you about specifics.

Duane

·
Super Moderator
13,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm out, I won't be making the trip there after all.

Bob

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Rain in Forecast

I was planning on attending Saturday but understand that the forecast is for 4 or more inches of rain ... I'll keep watching the forecast and if I go I'll be on the hill overlooking the essses with an OPEL t-shirt on.
Hope to say hello to other Opelers .. No I'm not taking the Targa with the weather that is predicted. Craig

·
187 Posts
Rain, rain go away..... Well my father and I already have tickets for today through AAA so we will be going. I'll be diving up in my GT, 2 hour drive in the rain sounds fun right? :ugh: Anyway, If your there, I'll be walking around in my red opel shirt from Carlisle but it may be covered by another shirt and a poncho.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Monday

Hope that the rain was light in Lime Rock..and the trip up in your GT was uneventful. On Long Island we've had a lot of wind with some downed trees and debris all over but the rain has been light. I'm thinking that I MAY try to go up Monday...

·
187 Posts
Drive up was good, no rain. The day at LimeRock was good as well, a little cold and windy but no rain. They lost power towards the end of the day which was apparent when we left. They were directing people around a downed power line. Did go through a little rain on the way back but it wasn't all that much. Anyone scared away by the threat of rain missed a good time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts