Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Charlotte, NC Spring AutoFair meeting last night to pick up our passes and assignment as to where we are located this time.
We have been located in the same place as the last couple of shows, which is on the infield, next to pit road. The best place, I think, for the whole show! We can't do any better. :banana:
The "Best In Show", 1st Place and 2nd Place trophies have been redesigned. I saw examples last night and let me tell you, they are really nice. Much better than in the past. They are replicas of the Coca-Cola World 600 winners trophy, except on a smaller scale. Humpey Wheeler (the owner of the speedway) wanted to do something special for the car clubs for the next two years. We should be handing out the awards around 4 PM on Saturday. Even if you don't win a trophy, there will be a "plaque" given for participating.
I will be mailing out your passes and windshield sticker in the next week or so. I guess we can all meet at the usual spot, TGI Friday's at Concord Mills Mall on Speedway Blvd., before going over to the speedway on Saturday morning. We can meet around 6:30 to 6:45 AM. They want us to be in place around 7:15 to 7:30 AM. If you are wanting to attend, please let me know as soon as possible.
I am having a dinner at my house on Friday evening, April 7th. (I live about 6 miles from the speedway) We will either have rib-eye steaks or some of my championship Bar-B-Que that I cook over wood for 12 hours! Mmmmmmmmm.... I will let you know around what time to come on over. Last Spring, we had guys coming over early in the afternoon to "socialize" which is fine with me! We probably won't eat until around 6 PM. Please let me know if you want to come so I will make sure I have enough food and "beverage" for everyone. If you want to bring a wife, girlfriend, your kids, that's fine, too.
I plan to have a tent set up again, with a table to set food and drink on. If you want to bring some food to nibble on during the day on Saturday, just bring it and set it on the table. If I cook Bar-B-Que Friday, I will bring it to set on the table, if there is any left over from the night before!
If you have any questions, please call me at 704-782-1866 or e-mail me at [email protected]. Hope to see you there!

Roy
Carolina Opel Club

·
461 Posts
Roy, your doing a great job!!! I won't be able to make it Friday evening for the fun and food, but I'll be there bright and early on Saturday

Helmut :)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Sounds good Roy. I'll be there. Now are you going to be at TGI Friday's around 6:30 to 6:45 AM? Or are we all going to call you? :D :lmao: Jarrell

·
Super Moderator
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On-time

You won't have to call me if my other half doesn't give me stuff to do before I leave! Maybe I can get up and get out of here before she wakes up! :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts