Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time again for our annual Chili Opel Meet. :arms: It will be Saturday, February 27, 2010. The Meet is held here at our home in Tallmadge. Feel free to show up anytime after 10:00 a.m. Generally, people leave their Opels at home this time of year but, if you are one of the courageous, feel free to drive yours.

Come and join us for a day of relaxing, Opel talk, and troubleshooting. If you have any parts to swap, pictures or videos to share, etc. feel free to bring them.

If you can, let us know if you plan to attend so I know whether to make 2 or 3 pots of chili.

For those of you from afar, if you wish to join us and need overnight accommodations, just let us know. We have a spare bedroom or two. If you need directions or phone numbers, PM us and we will send them to you.

Vickie & Allen Gage

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just bumping up to the top for those who may have missed it.

·
137 Posts
I'll be there ... thanks for the invite. BTW ... those GT parts I told you about ... they're gone. He still might have rear glass for the GT and Manta.
Ken

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking forward to seeing all of you on the 27th.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I should be there too!

I'm not sure if the wife will be up for the journey...but my dad may come.

It will be nice to meet some new people!

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great, looking forward to seeing you again!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Count me in, this will be my first Opel meet and after more then a year of ownership it's about time too. My dad or brother might come as well, I look forward to meeting you all!

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great! We are looking forward to meeting you!

Vickie & Allen

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Two Weeks and Counting!

Bumping this up to the top as a reminder. It looks like we could have a good turn out.

See you then!

Vickie & Allen

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One Week from Today!

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

·
Opeler
479 Posts
Annie and I have the day off!! We will be there! Looking foward to see everyone!:veryhappy

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very Cool! Looks like we will have a great turn out as long as the weather cooperates!

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK... the chili is ready to cook and the beer is cold. We will have the driveway shoveled out, again, in the morning. Actually, we were out and about this afternoon and the roads were just wet. A little more snow coming down now, but I don't think we are supposed to get any more than 3 more inches, if that.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Vickie & Allen

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,573 Posts
Sorry I couldnt make it.. I was planning ot go but my GTO doesnt take to snow or ice well ;)

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We had a Great turnout today in spite of all the snow. We had 16 Opelers. There was much eating, drinking and Opel discussion. Also talk of who is bringing what to Carlisle and lots of plans for future restorations. We missed having Tom Cavatario and Thomas and Amy Kahlert with us, but hope they can join us for our next meet in July!

It is always good to get together with members of our Opel Family.

Vickie & Allen

1st picture Sam Weldon (monkeynutz) and his brother Kirby from Litchfield, OH,
2nd picture Don McLean (dcm013) from Detroit, MI, Ron Mattern (gtopler) from Erie, PA, and Mike (turboair) from Cincinnati, OH,
3rd picture Steve and Annie Daniels from Ashtabula, OH
4th picture group shot
5th picture Alice and Tom Wagner from Tallmadge, OH (our honorary Porsche members).
Ceiling Event Red Fun Drink Alcohol Event Event Room People Grandparent Event Fun Family

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
more pictures

Picture 1 Mike, Allen and Don and Joanne Jenkins
Picture 2 Pete Kopchhinski (stosh) from Solon, OH
Picture 3 Ken Alderson (Svopel) from Westlake, OH

Barware Room Drink Event Distilled beverage Facial hair Beard Chin Moustache Room

·
Opeler
756 Posts
I got home about 8:30. Pretty heavy snow all the way to rt. 80 and beyond so I took it easy.

Good to see everyone, and thanks again for the hospitality Vickie and Alan.

See you at Carlisle!

Don

1 - 20 of 21 Posts