Opel GT Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Opeler
18 Posts
opel

Thanks Vickie and Allen for a good time. Good to see everyone nice to meet new opel friends. Great to see a lot of nice Opel's. Hope to see everyone again soon.

Thomas

·
Past Opel GT Owner
81 Posts
I want to thank Allen and Vickie for all the hospitality while sponsoring the NW Ohio Wester PA Opel meet. Everyone was very nice and helpful to me and my wife as I attempt to get up to speed enough on Opel GT's to make an educated decision on what I hope is my return as an Opel GT owner.

I learned a great deal from everyone and was surprised to find some really unusual and very nice cars other then Opels present as well with 2 very cool Motorcycles as a bonus! Good company, quality cars and near perfect werather, what more could we ask for. Thanks again Allen and Vickie, here are a few photos to give an idea of what the meet was like.

Attachments

·
Opel Intern
1,290 Posts
I got home a few hours ago, no problems at all. My round trip was about 725 miles.

Vickie and Allen, Thank you for hosting such a great event! It was awesome to see everybody. And I really enjoyed the trip to pick up Sam's new car.

Sam-- I'm not sure if it counts as towing when the car being 'towed' is inside the car doing the 'towing' :D

No pictures here...I'll have to look at everyone else's

EDIT: Oh! Almost forgot! On the way home I managed 27.79 mpgs, which is my highest ever. Ohio has some good gas!

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Wow, what a great turn out!

Thanks to everyone who attended and made the meet so much fun!! I will try to list everyone who attended.

• Tom Cavataio--------------------Pittsburgh, PA---orange 72 GT
  • Ron Mattern--------------------- Erie, PA---------red Kadett wagon
  • Steve Daniels--------------------Ashtabula, OH----yellow GT
  • Annie Daniels---------------------Ashtabula, OH----red GT
  • Amy & Thomas Kahlert------------Springfield, OH----Lots of Opels :)
  • Don Jenkins----------------------Rootstown, OH---Kadet rallye (under restoration
  • JoAnne Jenkins-------------------Rootstown, OH----yellow GT (under restoration)
  • RH & Lou Cox---------------------Suffield, OH------1959 Rambler wagon
  • Tom & Alice Wagner--------------Tallmadge, OH----1977 Porsche 924
  • Sam Weldon----------------------Litchfield, OH-----black GT (under restoration)
  • Ken Alderson---------------------Westlake, OH-----SCCA GT & Manta
  • Larry Starcher--------------------Akron, OH--------1952 Chevy Sedan Delivery
  • Jay Swift-------------------------Washington DC---red GT
  • Scott Fenn-----------------------Tallmadge, OH----Porsche 911
  • Keith & Peggy Sinley--------------Green, OH--------1987 Pontiac Firebird turbo
  • Patrick (jerseyOPEL)---------------New Jersey------rode his Honda
  • Ken Sprouse ---------------------Pittsburgh, PA----rode his Honda
  • Gary & Joyce Woodruff------------Indianapolis, IN--GT shopping
  • Robert Baughman-----------------Green, OH-------selling Opel parts
  • Tim Smith------------------------Akron, OH-------Manta
  • Jerry & Betty Butcher(mom&dad)--Rootstown, OH--Opel "storers" extraordinaire
  • Freddy Davis-------------------------Suffield, OH-----Mercedes 300Esport
  • Pete Kopchinski (Stosh)--------------Solon, OH-------blue Ascona
  • Vickie & Allen (hosts)---------------Tallmadge OH---Opel Assortment

If I missed anyone, please let me know so I can edit. We will have our next gathering at Ron Mattern's in Erie PA on August 28th. Thanks again to all who attended.

Vickie & Allen

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Jerseyopel. Definately not Jerseydave. Hes a bit bigger and older.
Oh crud!! I did it again.... that whole "jersey______" thing. Sorry Patrick-- I went back and fixed it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Three months of bureaucracy hell is finally over, I got the title transferred this morning.

Can't thank you guys enough :veryhappy

·
Opel Addicts
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Woo Hoo!!!!

Glad to hear it, now you can order parts from OGTS and get started! :)

·
1,287 Posts
How can you confuse our names, shame, shame, shame!!!:)

Looks like you had a great turnout, someday I'll make the ride myself.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts