Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2011 Spring AutoFair is to be held April 7th thru the 10th at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, near Charlotte, North Carolina. Every Spring and Fall, we have Opels to show up in a group to show our cars at the largest car show in the world!

More information will be coming. If you are interested in attending this show, please contact me at [email protected] or 704-782-1866.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just bumping this back up.... We have been assigned a great spot this Spring at the AutoFair http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/ at the Charlotte Motor Speedway on April 9th, 2011. We will be located on the infield grass, right next to the entrance to pit road off the speedway.

Let me know soon if you want to attend so I can get you free passes and a free windshield sticker to get your Opel onto the show field.

A Friday night BBQ will be had at my home (Hotel Ooooner) and we will be going to a restaurant after the show on Saturday as a group.

Awards will be given with the Miata Club judging our cars!

Hope you can make it!

· Greenopelgt
345 Posts
Come on guys and gals

What? Only one (1) confirmed registrant for the Spring AutoFair - you all are really missing a GREAT event. I know this is the first Spring meet I have missed in a while so I need someone else to man or woman up and take my place. You can't beat the hospitality , food and awesome car show. The weather looks great also. So get in contact with Roy Oooner ASAP and tell him I sent you. :veryhappy:beerchug::wavey:

· Greenopelgt
345 Posts
AutoFair Opel Judging

The judging will be Saturday with Best of Show Opel eligible to compete against all other Best of Show from other clubs. Go for it - i loved the opportunity once.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The judging will be Saturday with Best of Show Opel eligible to compete against all other Best of Show from other clubs. Go for it - i loved the opportunity once.
Tom is right! We would love to have you in our show. We currently have eight Opels showing with a total of 15 slots available. It doesn't cost you one red cent to enter into the show. I will give you two passes for two people and a windshield sticker to get your Opel onto the show field.

If you need a place to stay, you can stay at "Hotel Ooooner" (my house) for free and get all the BBQ you can eat on Friday night before the show.

Contact me for further details... [email protected] or 704-782-1866

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great weather is forecast for Friday and Saturday at the AutoFair! 74 degrees on Friday and 80 degrees on Saturday! :banana:

If you are on the fence about coming due to the weather, then get off that fence and contact me to get your free passes and free entrance to the show field. You do not need to be a member of the Carolina Opel Club to attend. Anyone and everyone is welcome! :drive:

All the BBQ you can eat will be served on Friday evening!

Roy
[email protected]
704-782-1866

· Banned
420 Posts
I'm off the fence, I'm coming, ready for my room and wall.:party:

· Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,929 Posts
Dang it.. not going to be able to make it. I have too much work and other things to do... :banghead: Really wanted to go, but looks like I will have to wait until Carlisle to see you all. Save some BBQ for me ;)

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another AutoFair Success!

The 2011 Spring AutoFair has been another success! Although we only had 7 Opels at the show this time, we had one of the best spots at the show in the long time. We had a lot of "people traffic" and had many great comments. The weather was great until we all arrived at the Restaurant and then it started to rain.

Friday night, we had around 25 people show up for the BBQ at Hotel Ooooner. On Saturday, we all met at the local mall and drove in a caravan over to the Charlotte Motor Speedway and set up our area. After the show, we went to the Iron Thunder restaurant where we REALLY had a great time! I am seriously thinking about using this restaurant for one of our dinner spots!

I worked out a judging deal with our car club neighbor, the Mini-Cooper Car club. We judged their cars and they judged ours. More information on winners will come later.

Pictures will also be uploaded soon as well!

· Registered
11,832 Posts
The 2011 Spring AutoFair has been another success!...
Cool glad that ya'll had a great time!
Pictures will also be uploaded soon as well!
Is there any reason to upload HC or wanklegt pictures.....
It might break my monitor screen LOL :eek:uttahere

· Banned
420 Posts
Don't know about HC, but I'm good. Plus you don't want me to get sick on Roy's computer do you?

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AutoFair Pictures

Here are a few pictures from the AutoFair on Saturday!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.