Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the telephone with the AutoFair people and they are going to let the Opel Club back into the show! :arms:

The Fall AutoFair is going to be held September 19th thru the 22nd. The SHOW days are Saturday, September 21st and 22nd.

I also asked about the Opel Nationals returning in the Fall of 2014 and he said they would be happy for us to hold the event at the speedway again.

After speaking with the guy for awhile, it seems the problem we had before was that we did not have any cars showing on Sunday. In the past, they have had problems with vendors and clubs not coming back on Sunday's. They felt like the paying public was getting shortchanged on Sunday when only half the clubs and vendors were there. I can understand that.

So, this Fall, we will have only 10 spots for Saturday AND Sunday. We really need to have at least 8 cars come back on Sunday for awhile. I realize if you are from out of state, you need to hit the road and get home. But our more "local" Opelers should be able to stay an extra day for awhile. This will go a long way towards our being able to attend future shows at Charlotte.

Contact me at [email protected] or [email protected] to get on the list to attend!

Hotel Ooooner will reopen for Business! :beerchug:

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great news, kinda stinks it is the weekend prior to the Nationals in Springfield. I am committed to that show, but will see if I can get away to go to Charlotte too.
Well... I just noticed it was the week before the Springfield Nationals, too! I certainly do not want to take away cars that will go to the Nationals! But, if people would want to go to both or if the AutoFair is closer for you and you did not plan to go to Springfield, come on down!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another "Bump"....

If you cannot make it both days (Saturday and Sunday), then consider coming on Saturday only! Contact me at 704-782-1866 or 704-661-3666 if you want me to reserve your free pass to get into the show! You may e-mail me at [email protected], too.

· Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
1996 Opel Calibra
7,929 Posts
I probably wont have a car for the Autofair.. but will be bringing Atlas back from Atlanta..

I Guess I COULD drive to the Autofair.. but it would be a bit rough.. :) and not have any lights, and a lot of other things.. like windshield and such.

· Opel Addicts
2,479 Posts
Roy:

We would love to, but Tommy's wedding is the 14th and then Nationals..... I only get 3 personal days and they would all be gone in September!

Will we get in for Spring AutoFair?

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem guys... When we got invited back to the AutoFair, I realized the next day that the Nationals were the very next weekend. I guess that's the way it goes. I sure do not want to draw from the Nationals in Springfield. If people need to choose between the two, I would say go to the Nationals!

But... if some people cannot go that far and would like to attend a show in the Southeast, this is a great show to attend. We only have 10 spots this time and already have 5 commitments. If we can just get a few more, we should be good to come back in the Spring of 2014. The Nationals in Charlotte at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in the Fall of 2014 is a lock, so no problem there.

Thanks...

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fall AutoFair Update!

I just came from the AutoFair meeting and was assigned a great show spot for our Opel's. We will be located near the pit road exit, in the infield grass. We still have four to five passes left for those of you wanting to attend. The show is free for those who bring their cars to the show. If you are interested, please let me know asap so I can reserve a pass for your car and two entrance tickets for you and a guest. My e-mail address is: [email protected] and my phone number is: 704-782-1866.

The show days are September 21st and 22nd. The AutoFair runs from the 19th thru the 22nd of September.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.