Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2016 Spring AutoFair at the Charlotte Motor Speedway will be held April 7th thru the 10th. The "Show" days for the car clubs is April 9th and 10th.

http://www.charlotte-autofair.com

As always, you will get two free passes for you and someone else, along with a free entry pass for your Opel to get onto the showfield both days! Not a bad deal. Awards are given.

The spaces are limited as this is a huge show. Over 50 car clubs will be represented at the show along with so many vendors, you can't see them all.

Hotel Ooooner (My house) will be open for people to stay for free if you want to. If enough people come, I will fire up the smokers and have BBQ pork and pork ribs on Friday evening.

Contact me if you plan to come or need more information. You will need to reserve your free passes since the spaces are limited. [email protected] or 704-782-1866. Leave a message if no one answers and I'll get back with you as soon as possible.

Hope to you there!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Roy, I need some hotel info. best would be half way between you & the track. These old bones need a real place to lay down, not somewhere to pass out...:yup: I can't remember which hotel we stayed at for the nationals . Thanks Brad
Brad... I'm out and about right now but when I get home, I'll get you the information you asked for. You are more than welcome to stay at my home for free if you want to. ?

· Opeler
782 Posts
Brad... I'm out and about right now but when I get home, I'll get you the information you asked for. You are more than welcome to stay at my home for free if you want to. ?
Roy, the plan is for Brad and I to split the cost of a room if all goes as planned. I never have been to the spring or fall show so I'm definitely looking forward to it. Especially now that the new 1.9 that Brad and I built over the winter is in the GT and running oh soooo sweet. :drive:

Thanks

David

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
David! That's cool. I bet that will be a sweet ride from Ohio to North Carolina. No doubt you will enjoy the AutoFair. When I get home in a little while, I'll post the hotel information from the hotel we used for the Nationals two years ago.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
David and Brad... Here are the details for the hotel we stayed at for the Nationals a few years ago. It's about the most reasonable of hotels around there.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
7772 Gateway LN, NW
Concord, North Carolina 28027
704-979-7900

I would suggest to go ahead and get your reservations because all the hotels around the speedway book full for the AutoFair's, especially the Spring AutoFair.

I will go ahead and put you down for a spot on the showfield. We only have a spot or two left for our Opels. I may can get one or two more but that's about it.

Let me know if I can help you....

· Opeler
782 Posts
For those who are thinking of coming and are looking for hotel rates, we went with the Huntersville Inn. It's 12 miles from the show, $89.00 per night through Expedia. It seems to be the most reasonable. Some of the listings on Expedia I noticed are non refundable so beware. :ugh: Huntersville is 100% refundable until the day before check-in, partial afterwards.

16508 Northcross Drive,
Huntersville, NC 28078

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Roy, that is a spot for each of us,...(2) cars,....dose cars,....A red & A yellow GT....Thanks...:yup:
Ok... Glad you told me two cars. I just thought one of you were riding with the other. My bad. I have you down for two cars now! Of course, you will get passes to get yourselves and your cars onto the show field for free. Contact me a week or so ahead of when you are coming and we will figure everything out to meet up with you guys.

This makes 10 spots taken for our club. If anyone else is interested in attending, I can probably get a couple more spots.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
The AutoFair has started! We are thinking about Brad and his family.

Attachments

· Administrator
10,418 Posts
The AutoFair has started! We are thinking about Brad and his family.
So Edwin, this sites uber lurker, really does have a Manta! He's been talking about it for over a decade! Looks good!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Although we had a good time at the AutoFair today, our heavy hearts were with Brad's family and friends at his funeral today. Rest in peace, my friend.

· Opeler
782 Posts
Although we had a good time at the AutoFair today, our heavy hearts were with Brad's family and friends at his funeral today. Rest in peace, my friend.
Looks like a great turnout along with nice weather. I will definitely try to make it next year. Both Brad and I were really excited about the AutoFair this year . Sadly life had other plans for us.

Reactions: Ooooner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.