Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
3,719 Posts
Rolling Out...

Thank you Norbert.
Grabbed some Tim Horton's coffee and we are rolling out. 512 km (320 miles) to drive today. It is raining like crazy, looks like Carlisle time...
Some rain is forecasted for tomorrow as well but Saturday and Sunday will be fine.
Rain or not there will be three Opel GTs having fun. Duane and Lynn will come as well to join us for some chicken wings and beers.

Attachments

· Senior Contributor
5,199 Posts
Parade Laps on WIR

My son Dan and I are still at Watkins Glen and will be going to the vintage races tomorrow. Here is a link to the video we took with my GoPro of the parade laps. PJ, Dave, and me. The 2 laps are not very fast but it was fun to drive the track.

· Registered
421 Posts
Nice video Jeff! I didn't realize how much I had to hit the brakes because the automatic kept freewheeling into the corners. Wish the lap speed was more constant, one minute we could run 75 mph and then you come around the corner and they were doing 40 mph! By the way, your car runs as good as it looks! Thanks for joining us, it was a great time.

3,719 Posts
Back home safely after four days of fun and total of 1445 km (898 miles) on the odometer. Three GTs got a lot of attention among the group of 120 German cars. During rally portion and especially during laps on W.G. International circuit, we did not spare them and they raised many participants’ eyebrows driving what they thought were faster cars. Wir sind Opel!

It was my fourth year of participation at W.G. Grand Prix festival but it was different as my GT was not alone. P.J., Dave and Jeff were three musketeers this time, having a lot of fun. I also met Duane and Lynn Foley yesterday at the U.S. Vintage Grand Prix and we had great chat.

Certainly, we did not miss a famous smoked chicken wings and locally brewed beer. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

· Senior Contributor
5,199 Posts
3,719 Posts
There are now high definition photos available for purchase. I hacked some of them, if you don't mind the water mark.

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.