Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

· Opel Key Master
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2017 Opel National Meet will be held in Nashville, TN August 11-12th 2017. This will be held at
Lane Motor Museum as the main venue, but group activities will be planned to see the sights of Nashville.

Lane Motor Museum
702 Murfreesboro Pike
Nashville, TN, 37210

Updates will be posted as well as hotel information.

· Opel Key Master
5,586 Posts
The hotel info is:

LA QUINTA INN & SUITES NASHVILLE AIRPORT/OPRYLAND
2345 ATRIUM WAY
NASHVILLE, TN 37214
1-866-527-1498

Mention (OPEL CLUB)

The group rate is $115.00 per night with 40 rooms blocked, check in Friday Aug 11th, Checkout Sunday the 13th. I will be keeping a close call on the amount of rooms, I would plan to secure your room ASAP, but there is a three week cut off up until August 11th. I will get more rooms if I feel we are going to fill it up more. Hotel is an easy trip to the venue, convenient to Grand Ole Opry and the Opryland Hotel. Plenty of parking in a secure area, outdoor pool, and we have the large meeting room reserved. Close to the airport also for members who wish to fly in.

· Registered
2,631 Posts
The hotel info is:

LA QUINTA INN & SUITES NASHVILLE AIRPORT/OPRYLAND
2345 ATRIUM WAY
NASHVILLE, TN 37214
1-866-527-1498

Mention (OPEL CLUB)

The group rate is $115.00 per night with 40 rooms blocked, check in Friday Aug 11th, Checkout Sunday the 13th. I will be keeping a close call on the amount of rooms, I would plan to secure your room ASAP, but there is a three week cut off up until August 11th. I will get more rooms if I feel we are going to fill it up more. Hotel is an easy trip to the venue, convenient to Grand Ole Opry and the Opryland Hotel. Plenty of parking in a secure area, outdoor pool, and we have the large meeting room reserved. Close to the airport also for members who wish to fly in.
Don't you know that Speedweek at Bonneville starts on the 10th (Inspections) and ends on the 18th? :ugh: .:no: .:confused: .:argue:

Doug

· Super Moderator
8,419 Posts
Don't you know that Speedweek at Bonneville starts on the 10th (Inspections) and ends on the 18th? :ugh: .:no: .:confused: .:argue:

Doug
Unfortunately every weekend seems to conflict with something somewhere. Any earlier and it's miserable around here. Not that it's not hot at Bonneville but it's a different type of heat. We sweat here.

Harold

· Registered
2,631 Posts
Unfortunately every weekend seems to conflict with something somewhere. Any earlier and it's miserable around here. Not that it's not hot at Bonneville but it's a different type of heat. We sweat here.

Harold
Just pulling a chain Harold, it's a bit far from Phoenix anyway. I hope to be attending the West coast MG club convention in Santa Maria, CA in late July, then my 55th HS reunion in early August in Manhattan, KS so "go East young man" is not in the works! Y'all have a good time (as my brother would say).

Doug

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Just tried to make my reservations at the hotel. Since this is going to be a "blocked" section of rooms, the people at the phone number above can't help you. You need to call 1-866-527-1498 and only on weekdays after 7:30 AM Central Time. I'll try again on Monday!

Looking forward to it!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
OK... Signed up for the hotel for the Nashville Nationals. Calling the number: 1-866-527-1498 is the way to go. They have all the block of rooms information. Very nice lady took my information. By the way, I checked and I'm the first to sign up. Better sign up now!

· Registered
1,494 Posts
The Lane Museum is awesome! Would be there in a heartbeat if it weren't so damned far away.

I travel to Nashville on business occasionally, and best hotel deals are usually out by the airport.

· Registered
4,183 Posts
We have an idea, I just need to get with Daytona Trophey about creating it. Then we can get dash plaques in the design as well
If you have something temporary, or can tell me what it is and it's something I can approximate, I can put it in the Blitz. Give me some text to go with it and I'll give it a half page and devote a full page to the event.

Keep sending me stuff and I'll get it into each issue.

Mike

3,719 Posts
Thank you Keith, Harold and everybody else involved in organization of this event. My wife will come with me and we will likely make one week road trip with the GT, returning via Asheville, Blue Ridge Parkway, Roanoke and Pittsburgh, some 2000 miles.

It is really important that while in Nashville, we get a chance for some sightseeing and group activities, rather than just a car show. Whatever you guys are planning (should I say “yall”) let us know well in advance. Don’t feel that you are alone in planning this event. Aside from loving country music, I am not familiar with Nashville but those who are might come with some suggestions. That will help you but also allow us to adjust our personal plans. Upcoming Carlisle Saturday evening b.s. session could be utilized for some discussion related to Opel Nationals agenda.

· Administrator
10,418 Posts
Thank you Keith, Harold and everybody else involved in organization of this event. My wife will come with me and we will likely make one week road trip with the GT, returning via Asheville, Blue Ridge Parkway, Roanoke and Pittsburgh, some 2000 miles.

It is really important that while in Nashville, we get a chance for some sightseeing and group activities, rather than just a car show. Whatever you guys are planning (should I say “yall”) let us know well in advance. Don’t feel that you are alone in planning this event. Aside from loving country music, I am not familiar with Nashville but those who are might come with some suggestions. That will help you but also allow us to adjust our personal plans. Upcoming Carlisle Saturday evening b.s. session could be utilized for some discussion related to Opel Nationals agenda.
Agree. I'm trying to figure out how many 'extra days' to spend there. Would like to visit Keith's shop also.

· Opel Addicts
2,479 Posts
Agree. I'm trying to figure out how many 'extra days' to spend there. Would like to visit Keith's shop also.
We have a day or two of flexibility as well and would like to know what others are planning.

Vickie & Allen

3,719 Posts
This is mine and Katarina's tentative itinerary:

Day 1 Thu 10 Aug Goderich ON – Cincinnati OH 645 km (401 miles)

Day 2 Fri 11 Aug Cincinnati OH – Nashville TN 441 km (274 miles)

Day 3 Sat 12 Aug Nashville TN OPEL NATIONALS

Day 4 Sun 13 Aug Nashville TN Site Seeing

Day 5 Mon 14 Aug Nashville TN – Asheville NC 474 km (294 miles)
Possible stopover in Cookeville to see Keith’s shop

Day 6 Tue 15 Aug Asheville NC – Roanoke VA 392 km (243 miles)

Day 7 Wed 16 Aug Roanoke VA – Pittsburgh PA 546 km (339 miles)

Day 8 Thu 17 Aug Pittsburgh PA – Goderich ON 641 km (398 miles)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.