Opel GT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
1,640 Posts
Got with the Hotel, seems Comcast was there doing upgrades and they lost the phones for a day. Anyway they should be up and running now. I made sure and talked with Doug who is now the sales manager and he assured me you guys would still get a room with our rate. So if the front desk types tell you otherwise ask for Doug.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Sorry to say that I am going to have to miss the show this year. I have a room reserved for Friday and Saturday nite and will be cancelling it Thursday morning unless someone in the group needs it.
Have a great time and I plan on seeing everyone in 2018 for the 50th anniversary, Midwest edition

·
1,640 Posts
Spent a large part of today trying to lock down some things for the event. Picked up the decals and went by Hotel, They still have rooms available. Temps look to be warm this weekend, but we should be dry. I checked on some places to eat Friday evening and it looks like our best bet is FOX RUN where we eat at last year on Saturday. I told them we may have around twenty people and look to be there about 6:00 PM. If you think it should be later I can push it back. I told them I would call with more accurate number about an hour before we eat. Kinda hard to get a large group in on short notice on a Friday night.

If you have something for the drawing or auction bring it along.

Remember There are other attractions in the downtown area for those not into the car show per se.

·
1,640 Posts
Just an FYI, The Hotel has Changed us to a banquet room for Friday and Saturday evening Bench Racing. The Hospitality Room is out of service due to some remodeling. Considering how the AC worked in there this could be good for us. Probably need to get our stuff out when we leave at night though.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
No way - what happens in Springfield STAYS in Springfield!!
Oh! I like it! An article for the Blitz with words, phrases, etc blacked out! A "redacted" version of what happened with the "classified" parts unreadable! Wish I was going to be there to "help"!

Doug

Maybe next year!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'll be there. Probably no car again.

I think the car can make the trip. But leaving after 6:00 pm tonight. No headlights. Thought about renting a trailer or car dolly. Then I thought about buying a tow bar from harbor freight. I like the tow bar idea but not sure where to hook on at? At any rate I do enjoy the company with everyone and looking at the Opels.

·
1,640 Posts
Well it's about time to get the party started. I will headed to the Hotel soon, I wish it were going to be 10 degrees cooler. Not sure when I can get online again but maybe some of our group with laptops can do updates as we go along. I hope everyone traveling this weekend have non-eventful trips.

·
Opeler
147 Posts
Made it!

Made it to the hotel. Only a couple casualties. Anyone have a receptacle for seat belt on a gt? Half way here it blew apart. Also a visor hinge, the plastic one of course broke off. Have metal ones in milwaukee , but that doesnt help me here !

·
Opeler
3,596 Posts
1050 km (652 miles) through Ontario, Michigan, Indiana and Illinois. 33C (92F) most of the way. average fuel consumption 10l/100 km (23.5 mpg), not bad with the A/C running all the time. No speeding ticket, although when I passed unmarked police cruiser near Springfield, they followed me for a while.
I am tired but happy to meet old friends.

·
1,640 Posts
Just a quick update post, the event as usual has been a mixed bag. Not a big turnout but I think we had about 15 Opels downtown on Saturday. Unfortunately Jeff Widders Manta Decided it was going to stay at the Hotel. Some of our members worked on it but no go. It will be riding north this morning in Gordy Klug's trailer. It is a hot weekend but it turned out to be a fun day on Saturday. The winners of this years participant Awards were.

Best GT= PJ Romano

Best Manta/AScona= Gordy Klug

Best Kadett/or Other=Gary Best

·
Opel Adventure # 77 NC
634 Posts
Home with no problems or blown fuses :veryhappy.

Thank You to John & Connie, had a great time, Hope it is cooler next year.

Kevin

·
1,871 Posts
Got Jeff and Marie's Manta delivered to their driveway in Mequoin, Wi with no on road drama. Tied up on the trip back to IL from their house on 43 West with a Corvette that was almost split in half, and a couple miles further west, all traffic was ran up the exit ramp and right back down and onto 43 again apparently with a motorcycle down directly under the overpass. Home now and all is good. Thanks John and Connie for hosting another great event! We know a lot of time and effort goes in on your part to make the event go smooth and seamlessly!

·
Opeler
718 Posts
Made it home around 3:00 pm with no issues, hope to see you all next year!

Thanks again everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
Mindy and I had a great time the last two days being with you folks. It was nice to get to know you folks a little better and swap stories. I concur, Thanks to John and Connie for coordinating another year of fun, friends, and Opels. Already looking forward to next year.

Oh, also Thanks to Mel for the Breather! It looks lots better than the one I had.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts