Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Opel Key Master
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carlisle is quickly coming up, so time to start the parts Thread. We have the same spots reserved IA22-25, and I also reserved IA26-27 so that is 6 spots for Opel Parts together. I will be bringing a smaller trailer, but I will have a lot more stuff. A lot of NOS parts for Kadetts and 1900/Manta. I won’t need to bring tables and a car, so I can load more stuff. I am working on repacking right now like I did last year for those that came by. If you have stuff you would like to bring and sell, we have plenty of room.

This thread can be used for requests too. Please keep pricing of stuff to Private Messages, that way nobody is undercutting anyone.

· Can Opeler
4,116 Posts
I have a request! I want a ski rack style luggage rack for my GT. These are the type that connect to the rear bumpers and the rear window vents.

· Opel Key Master
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a request! I want a ski rack style luggage rack for my GT. These are the type that connect to the rear bumpers and the rear window vents.
Should have been there last year when the only one I’ve ever seen in person sold at the auction. I forget who bought it

· Can Opeler
4,116 Posts
I'm also looking for the little rubber cap that some GTs have on the distributor. Here's a picture: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

· Registered
502 Posts
The "little rubber cup" on top of the dizzy was original equipment. I thought it to be a PINA because I was always having to fool with the points. I am sure I still have it in some box marked "OLD OPEL PARTS." However, I have kept just about every original part that came with her in 1972.:)

· Opeler
800 Posts
Is anyone interested in a set of four BFG Radial TA 205/60-13s mounted on custom wheels? I bought these way back 25 years ago but have since moved up to 15" wheels. Tires still have some life on them. Here are pictures of the wheels and what they look like on a GT.

Attachments

· Master Story Teller & Fabricator
17,652 Posts
I might be interested in the flares.

I need the bottom cushion part of a Manta/Ascona back seat. I only have the fold down top part on the '75 Wagon I bought. I don't know if a normal sedan Manta/Ascona back seat is designed the same.

· Administrator
10,418 Posts
I might be interested in the flares.

I need the bottom cushion part of a Manta/Ascona back seat. I only have the fold down top part on the '75 Wagon I bought. I don't know if a normal sedan Manta/Ascona back seat is designed the same.
Wagon bottom seats are different.

17,652 Posts
Hmmmmm....:sigh:

I suppose I could make my own back seat bottom out of leftover sculpting foam, plywood, and upholstery. The car has the sheet metal base.

My days of doing anything in the back seat are long gone, so it won't get much use.

:lmao:

Gene, can you post a pic of the flares?

Anybody else got any Manta/Ascona dress up stuff?

:thinking:

· Administrator
10,418 Posts
Hmmmmm....:sigh:

I suppose I could make my own back seat bottom out of leftover sculpting foam, plywood, and upholstery.
:thinking:
I removed the top and bottom cushions in my wagon and moved the battery back there. I added a support to keep the fold down section level. That gives you a nice flip up storage area. BTW, You also have a storage compartment in the rear of the wagon.

3,719 Posts
Custom Built Trailer (Car Hauler)

I built this trailer last winter as I was planning to participate at 50th Anniversary Tour. From one or another reason I didn’t participate, so the trailer is now for sale. I will exhibit it at Carlisle vendor area if not sold before.

The main characteristics are:
GVWR: 6000 lbs
Empty weight: 1850 lbs
Size: 6 ft x 15.5 ft including beavertail
Platform: 2x 18" width, checkered steel with profiled inner edge
Coupler: 2-5/16''
Jack: 2,000 lb
Safety chains: 2 with safety hooks
Doexter axles: Tandem, 2x3500 lb
Brakes: Electric on 2 axles (all wheels)
Fenders: Tear drop, collapsible
Fender guards (steps): Front and rear, checkered steel
Suspension: Multi-leaf springs
Tie down steel loops: 4
Fixed strap ratchets: 2 at the front
Frame: C-channel
Tires: 225/75 15 Radial
Spare wheel: Fixed on a separate tilt frame
Lights: All around LED D.O.T lights
Toolbox: Aluminum, lockable
Loading ramps: 5 ft long, storaged between platforms
Electrical plug: Standard, 7-way

Price: $3,200

Attachments

17,652 Posts
I removed the top and bottom cushions in my wagon and moved the battery back there. I added a support to keep the fold down section level. That gives you a nice flip up storage area. BTW, You also have a storage compartment in the rear of the wagon.
I did find a battery cable in the back seat area of the car. I presume a PO did just what you did.

Hmmm....It never occurred to me to NOT have a fully complete rear seat that's up all the time in the Wagon.

I'm not a pick up truck guy, but I guess you could say that a wagon with the back seat down is like a pick up truck with a cab. Hmmmmm......it would make it more useful if the back seat was down all the time.

Food for thought. Thanks!

:yup:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.