Opel GT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Master Story Teller & Fabricator
17,656 Posts
I haven't seen the car and dug in to it long enough to really know what I need. I know that I'm missing the spare tire cover and a few interior panels and covers in the back. If you have any stuff like that, I can use it.

Wheel flares and an air dam of some sort would be nice.

:veryhappy

· Registered
2,631 Posts
I haven't seen the car and dug in to it long enough to really know what I need. I know that I'm missing the spare tire cover and a few interior panels and covers in the back. If you have any stuff like that, I can use it.

Wheel flares and an air dam of some sort would be nice.

:veryhappy
Didn't Gabe in Wichita, KS make some replacements for Butler? IIRC, he made molds so he could make more? Gabe, are you out there?

Doug

· Administrator
10,419 Posts
I did find a battery cable in the back seat area of the car. I presume a PO did just what you did.

Hmmm....It never occurred to me to NOT have a fully complete rear seat that's up all the time in the Wagon.

I'm not a pick up truck guy, but I guess you could say that a wagon with the back seat down is like a pick up truck with a cab. Hmmmmm......it would make it more useful if the back seat was down all the time.

Food for thought. Thanks!

:yup:
Don's white wagon that was at the Gold Strike has the seat down. (I think he can sleep back there)

The bottom seat pivots up and the back folds down and hooks up to the bottom so you loose space behind the seats and overall space in the back and allows the front seats to go further back. Taking the cushion off of the back gives you a lot of storage space under it.

· Opel Key Master
5,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Starting a list again so people have an idea of what I will have

A few NOS parts listed are
Kadett Wagon trailer hitch kit
1900 bumper strips for front 72-73 all ex 57
Front 74-75 bumper strip
Bumper brackets Manta and 1900
Bumper guards Manta chrome, 1900 chrome
Jack, later style knob
Brake parts all models
Ignition and key cylinders
1900 headlight bezels
Trim for Kadett, 1900
1900 black driver door panel
Emblems
Interior pieces
Gt lower control arm with sway bar mount
64-65 Kadett parts
50 series door handles
Kadett door handles
Manta /1900 fuse box
Door edge molding
Mounts
Bumperette rubber GT Manta
Lots of small items, switches, handles, misc electrical. It’s all bagged in clear with the original labels, makes it a little easier for going through without opening a hundred boxes.

Still going through used parts right now, but still have some stuff wrapped and labeled. Books, and blueprints, manuals, and literature.

· Opeler
800 Posts
How much for just the rims? No tires.

Karl
Sorry, was away on business for the last week. The tires are mounted on the rims so consider then freebies. I'd like to get $25 a wheel or $100 for the 4 wheels/tire set. They come with lug nuts with a locking key too!

· Super Moderator
9,836 Posts
Gordo
Here's the flares I have, they are "street" flares, meaning they're not as wide as the racing flares and the round molded hole in the one rear flare, is for accessing the stock fuel cap. The front flares are already mounted on front fenders, so they're practically bolt on, but will still need some finishing out. There's a picture of the back side of the airdam that shows that it is a real deal item from KAMEI, not a repo. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
9,836 Posts
Here's a few more pictures. And for those thinking about it, no the Manta is NOT for sale, and yes it is the Rallye that's in the last few seconds of the C&D video of the Opel GT with Ken Litke's GT.

Attachments

· Opeler
800 Posts
Is there any desire or want for original Opel Solex carbs? I have a box of them I doubt I will ever use. If anyone is in the market please let me know asap and I'll bring them.

· Opeler
800 Posts
At the old OMC picnics they had an activity called the Solex Shot put.
I remember that shot put fun and I actually got to participate one year when I was stationed out at Edwards AFB. Good times!

· Master Story Teller & Fabricator
17,656 Posts
Bring one of them for shotputting!

Bring a bunch of them and we'll play horseshoes! Or Bachi ball(I don't know how to spell that)!

Bring a net and we'll play volleyball with one of them(No spiking the carb!)!

Solex rugby anyone?

Solex field hockey?

:lmao:

4,243 Posts
Bring one of them for shotputting!

Bring a bunch of them and we'll play horseshoes! Or Bachi ball(I don't know how to spell that)!

Bring a net and we'll play volleyball with one of them(No spiking the carb!)!

Solex rugby anyone?

Solex field hockey?

:lmao:
He he he:cussing:
I would love when one people offer me Solex 32/32 TDID parts! I don`t want 32/32 DIDTA parts with second membran barrel (Manta,Ascona and Kadett).Only TDID for the GT with mechanic second barrel.
But I be only a poor German and not every year in Carlisle:ugh:
So Gordo, you can catch the parts after your play and save them for me!:lmao:

Norbert

· Administrator
10,419 Posts
He he he:cussing:
I would love when one people offer me Solex 32/32 TDID parts! I don`t want 32/32 DIDTA parts with second membran barrel (Manta,Ascona and Kadett).Only TDID for the GT with mechanic second barrel.
But I be only a poor German and not every year in Carlisle:ugh:
So Gordo, you can catch the parts after your play and save them for me!:lmao:

Norbert
I will save some for you as I go through my Parts Palace(s).

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.