Opel GT Forum banner

Will you be attending the East Coast 50th Anniversary Opel GT Show?

• Attending without an Opel

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Administrator
10,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Fall AutoFair at Charlotte Motor Speedway on September 6-9 will also be the East coasts celebration of the 50th anniversary of the GT.

Details to follow.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
I will be updating this show very soon! I will need to know very soon as to how many of you will be attending. If we have enough cars, I will contact the speedway officials so we can get a prime location to show our Opels. I’ll see if I need to reserve a hotel for our group if enough people want it.

Updates to come!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Is this the official thread for this event? If that's the case, you need to add the poll questions as to who's coming and who's not.

I'll try to come.
Gary and I had talked about this for the people who could not go out west for the event. We decided just the other day to go forward with the East Coast version but since it is on such short notice, we won't have a road trip but will have a great time. The Carolina Opel Club will be the "host" club and we have already begun planning, as of yesterday.

I was planning on making a poll for the show very soon but since you mentioned it here first, I will go ahead and start the "Official Scifi Guy East Coast 50th Anniversary of the Opel GT Poll" so we can get this show on the road!

3,719 Posts
:cool:Great idea, except it is in the same weekend as Watkins Glen Gran Prix that I already paid participation fee. Will see if they accept cancellation. The same is for already booked hotel.
In any case, the sooner we learn details, easier will be to make a plan.

Edited on May 14: I have now cancelled Watkins Glen Grand Prix. They promised to refund me ($110).

· Registered
48 Posts
East Coast 50th

My piggy bank is broken from the trip to the west coast event. Not just broken, smashed, plundered, then ground into the dirt. However, to steal from one of my favorite movies: "Gumball"!

Will try to make it with Opel!:yup:

Joe

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
I'll definitely be there, and bring my new band of friends (Dominique, Chavez, Wischer, ...)

Dieter

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Hotel Information

Just call me “Johnny on the Spot”! I have secured a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Express near the speedway. Same hotel we used for the Nationals in 2014.

Dates: September 7th and 8th and checkout on Sunday the 9th.

Regular rate: $174.00

Our rate: $120.00

Club reference name to give hotel: Opel Motorsports Club

We also have the conference room for Friday and Saturday nights.

The hotel telephone number is: 704-979-7900.

Here is a link to the hotel to reserve your room! https://www.hiexpress.com/redirect?...2018&_PMID=99801505&GPC=OMS&viewfullsite=true

http://www.charlotte-autofair.com

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Events update

Just heard back from the Charlotte Motor Speedway official about our planning for the 50th anniversary this fall at the AutoFair. He is really excited about helping us out and will be giving us a great location to show our cars.

I had mentioned to him about the Opel Nationals at the 2019 fall AutoFair. He is really wanting to help us. He had mentioned maybe placing us in the “Showcase Pavilion” which is an indoor area which showcases certain cars at the AutoFair at each show. He’s not sure but he said he would try. Man, that would be great if he pulled that off. We would really have to spit shine our cars! The cars are even roped off!

Remember, the hotel has been booked for our club. Information on this is above. The rooms that are not booked by around the middle of August will be released back to the public and to get a room after then, you will have to pay the full price.

Any questions or comments, please respond!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
50th Anniversery East Coast Update

Okie dokie.... News from the AutoFair people. Starting this Fall, if a club wants to park on the infield, there will be a $20 per car registration fee that covers the whole weekend. If we were to park under the grandstands, there would be no charge.

When you consider the registration fees at other shows, such as Carlisle, $20 ain’t too bad.

If we each pay the $20, we are guaranteed being placed on the infield. But the fees need to be sent to the speedway by July 23rd or we loose out on infield parking.

I have a Palpal account you can send the fee to: [email protected] (O’s, not zeros in Ooooner).

Remember, we have a hotel set up at discounts rates so be sure to reserve your room as well. The information is in a post above.

Also, if you would like to tour a NASCAR shop such as Roush or Stewart/Hass Racing, let me know and I’ll set it up for a Friday tour.

This should be a good end of the summer show so sign up now!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
For just $20, infield is clearly prefered location.
How do we register, under which club name and how to be sure that the registration is for infield?
Only 6 confirmed participation through the poll. July 23rd is just two weeks away!
Very good questions. Just PayPal the $20 to me and I’ll take care of the rest. PayPal: [email protected]

I agree that this is a last minute deal but the Speedway just sent out a notice to all the car clubs.

I noticed only six had said they are coming on the poll. I’m thinking that maybe people are waiting until the last minute to decide but we need to know so we can get on the infield.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.