Opel GT Forum banner

Will you be attending the East Coast 50th Anniversary Opel GT Show?

• Attending without an Opel

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Money PayPal-ed. Do I still have to register myself?
P.J.... I will take care of registration. When I receive the $20 from people, I will register you. All you have to do is show up. You will get a vehicle windshield sticker along with two people passes with each car.

I see I received $20 from Gary and Dieter, too!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Just bumping this information back to the top!

Okie dokie.... News from the AutoFair people. Starting this Fall, if a club wants to park on the infield, there will be a $20 per car registration fee that covers the whole weekend. If we were to park under the grandstands, there would be no charge.

When you consider the registration fees at other shows, such as Carlisle, $20 ain’t too bad.

If we each pay the $20, we are guaranteed being placed on the infield. But the fees need to be sent to the speedway by July 23rd or we loose out on infield parking.

I have a Palpal account you can send the fee to: [email protected] (O’s, not zeros in Ooooner).

Remember, we have a hotel set up at discounts rates so be sure to reserve your room as well. The information is in a post above.

Also, if you would like to tour a NASCAR shop such as Roush or Stewart/Hass Racing, let me know and I’ll set it up for a Friday tour.

This should be a good end of the summer show so sign up now

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Just bumping this information back to the top!
Bumping back to the top!

Okie dokie.... News from the AutoFair people. Starting this Fall, if a club wants to park on the infield, there will be a $20 per car registration fee that covers the whole weekend. If we were to park under the grandstands, there would be no charge.

When you consider the registration fees at other shows, such as Carlisle, $20 ain’t too bad.

If we each pay the $20, we are guaranteed being placed on the infield. But the fees need to be sent to the speedway by July 23rd or we loose out on infield parking.

I have a Palpal account you can send the fee to: [email protected] (O’s, not zeros in Ooooner).

Remember, we have a hotel set up at discounts rates so be sure to reserve your room as well. The information is in a post above.

Also, if you would like to tour a NASCAR shop such as Roush or Stewart/Hass Racing, let me know and I’ll set it up for a Friday tour.

This should be a good end of the summer show so sign up now

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Last chance to get onto the show field at the Fall AutoFair in September. To get registered, I need you to send $20 per car (this goes to the speedway). I will take care of getting you registered. The deadline is the middle of next week, July 25th. If you haven’t registered and paid by then, you can’t get into the show. (I’m going to have a talk with the speedway people about this new policy. Don’t think they thought it through very well)

Looks like we will have a nice turnout so consider coming. The AutoFair is a nice event that you will enjoy.

Don’t forget the hotel accommodations. The information is posted earlier in this thread.

PayPal money to: [email protected] (O’s, not zeros in Ooooner)

Any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Okie dokie... last chance to get onto the show field by this Wednesday, July 25th. I will need your $20 bucks to secure a spot. I can cover your $20 and can pay me back at the show.

I think the Speedway came up with the $20 fee at the last minute and didn’t think it through. For example, what if you decide you want to come a week before the show. Well, you would be out of luck because you didn’t pay the $20 six weeks ahead of time. I will be bringing this up at the AutoFair meeting we have three weeks before to pick up passes and info, etc. There are a lot of mad car clubs about this so I have a feeling this issue will get better... new idea growing pains, I guess.

If you want to come but can’t send the $20 bucks right now, just let me know and we will try to work something out.

3,719 Posts
Road Trip

I like road trips with my GT and I usually drive 3-5000 miles every year. This year was different for various reasons. I did not attend 50th anniversary in Las Vegas; I attended Carlisle but towed my GT as I had to deliver new 2.5 engine to Keith.
Drive to Charlotte will be a good opportunity to catch-up. My wife Katarina will likely join me, so I choose more scenic route on the way back. All together, 2744 km (1705 miles) in six days. Looking forward to it.

Attachments

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
Looking forward to having you here in the “South”! Let me know if you need anything.

This would be great, and I would share it with PJ. He likes beer.

Dieter

Attachments

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Roy, I plan on coming, and didn’t see the 20.00 deal. I have no problem sending it, but yeah it seems stupid that this would pop up. Let me know if it is not too late
Nope.. Not too late. I had "bought" a few extra spots for those of you that did not see the earlier post about the $20 fee. I will add you to the list so you are in! You can just give me the $20 bucks when you get here...

4 spots remain!

· Super Moderator
3,312 Posts
Sitting down to eat some BBQ!

Attachments

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.