Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Gary, Thanks for posting link to great pics. I even recognized some of the Opels !

Equally appreciated is being reminded of the Classic Opel File Library, I bookmarked it this time.
I read 'Understanding DIN Wiring Diagrams' , Any wiring diagram makes my head spin but this should help.
The 1969 Opel GT & Kadett FSM has only a small black & white wiring diagram just enough different in some
details from later GT years FSM colored pages to make it confusing, at least to me.
The codes for wire color and connections in this library will be helpful if anyone is searching for electrical gremlins.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Pretty sure I just went to opel heaven not sure I want to come back to earth:no:
You need to see the Video Norbert posted a couple of weeks ago. They weren't like our meets at all. They had at least 250 to 300 cars there. A lot of long, long, tables with silverware and Glasses. High Class, where we had to stand in line for Bojangles, Sheeech, Jarrell

·
Senior Contributor
1,503 Posts
Thanks, Gary For posting the Link here :p some great Photo Shots!

I think All the Opels were Fantastic, and all desire to have a Nice Photo of there Car for coming to a Opel Meeting. a National Opel Event.... I think The Charlotte Motor Speedway is a Great Place to get Good Exposure for our Opels for Sure :yup:
73291635_1163510440515449_817799783618969600_o.jpg
It's nice to have a library of event photo's... too bad the photo gallery broke down in 2011 to keep the Carlisle library going....oh well :ugh:
maybe some in my gallery ..lol

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Thanks, Gary For posting the Link here

I think All the Opels were Fantastic, and all desire to have a Nice Photo of there Car for coming to a Opel Meeting. a National Opel Event.... I think The Charlotte Motor Speedway is a Great Place to get Good Exposure for our Opels for Sure :yup:
View attachment 390509
It's nice to have a library of event photo's... too bad the photo gallery broke down in 2011 to keep the Carlisle library going....oh well :ugh:
maybe some in my gallery ..lol
That picture looks like a Spring Show. For them you need walking shoes, if you're so inclined. Charlotte is the Place to go for shows and exposure. The best is to stay all 3 Days in Charlotte. Me I'd rather jet in and out for the Day. I'm only 1 1/2 hours from Charlotte, a Getrag transmission will make the drive pleasurable, rather than a mad dash.:yup: Jarrell

·
RunOpel
1,204 Posts
Why is it when we look at Opel pictures, its like looking at an Opel for the first time. We get excited and all warm inside :yup:
I don't know if this occurs with others, but I can just keep looking at Opel pictures and pondering what my Opel could look like :yup:
Thanks for pictures Gary :veryhappy

·
Registered
9 Posts
2019 Opel Nationals

Gary, thanks for posting the pictures of our cars. They are super nice and it really was a great venue for displaying the Opels!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Nice photos. Someone has the knack.

I DO like the red GT with the side-pipes.

I'm hoping a write-up on this event will be coning to The Blitz soon. It was certainly a milestone for Opel events.

Mike
Mike it was a Trip for sure. Roy could write up something for the Blitz I'm sure to give the backstory. I just showed up for the Fun and Adventure. :lmao: and it really was a trip. I belong to the Brown Gt, or vice versa. Jarrell

·
Senior Contributor
1,503 Posts
Nice photos. Someone has the knack.

I DO like the red GT with the side-pipes.

I'm hoping a write-up on this event will be coning to The Blitz soon. It was certainly a milestone for Opel events.

Mike

Yup, It was me .... Am the Camera nut,,, I took a lot of photo's and Video that week in Charlotte learned a long time ago how to get a good photo, from my H.S. mini courses in photography ... I guess it's a knack of mine :yup: ... Thanks :veryhappy
But that photo Gallery let's you post up pictures in full size,, and when posted up Opels look Fantastic

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Mike it was a Trip for sure. Roy could write up something for the Blitz I'm sure to give the backstory. I just showed up for the Fun and Adventure. :lmao: and it really was a trip. I belong to the Brown Gt, or vice versa. Jarrell
If I get the story before Christmas I can get it out in the next issue.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
If I get the story before Christmas I can get it out in the next issue.
I have photos of the cars in the Pavillion with a description of them. I would need to get in touch with Roy and see if he has a copy of who got what in terms of awards. Let me know if I can be of any help.
Jarrell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts