Opel GT Forum banner

Will you attend this event and dinner on Friday & Saturday evenings

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been meaning to start a thread on this but have been late setting some things up. I will post more on this later, but for now I wanted to let you know I am in negotiations with the LaQuinta Hotel that is on the Walmart Property some what south of the Route 66 Hotel. For those who may not be aware I had several of our folks ask that I find a new location for those who attend the event to stay. A couple of our group stayed at the laQuinta last year and gave it a favorable review. As of now I am asking them to hold 15 rooms for us and let us use a meeting room from 7:00 pm to 12:00 pm on Friday and Saturday evenings. The issue is how to pay for the meeting room. It may cost up to 100.00 per night. Room rate will likely be $100-110 per night plus tax. We might try to spread the cost of the meeting room over the room costs. I will meet with management Monday afternoon. What I would like to hear over the weekend is how many may attend this years meet and your opinion on the above. I will have to give them my credit card number to hold all the above and they will close our room hold 2 weeks before the event.

·
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumping this up to see if there is any response before my meeting on Monday.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,051 Posts
I plan on attending Friday and Saturday nights.
I always liked the setup of the RT-66 hotel we had in the past, it is the "Classic" place to be for this car show!

Dieter

·
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some time has passed and much water under the bridge since my last post. Like many others I have been busy around the house and waiting to see how things will shake out. Gene's recent post about his Georgia meet has gotten me thinking about the prospects of there being a 2020 Route 66 event. I had been in contact with a possible new Club Hotel but have not followed up with it since this has all started. I do not know about other areas but I have seen no promotions yet in my area for Car Shows or Cruise-In's. The Mother Road event is still about 6 months out, but I have no idea if the event will be held and or what it would be like. I will have to admit I have no plans to travel in the near future and suspect many are of the same thought. If it appears to be possible to have the event, it will probably not be like in the past. Group dinners may not happen and bench racing may need to go back beer and lawn chairs in the parking lot. I would suggest at this point in time Gene and his group may want to do an open air meet in a park somewhere. Anyway, lets see how things go. I will post an update by at least late summer.
Take care and stay well.

·
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The following news will probably surprise nobody. The 2020 International Route 66 Mother Road Fest has been officially canceled. I don't know about other area's but I only know of one Cruise-in that has been attempted around here this year. I guess we will see how next year goes.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,051 Posts
Yeah ... Scheisse! ... The Rt-66 Show grew to be very close to my heart during the few years I'm attending. One less occasion to be with my Opel family (= Y'all). Dammit! I'll miss you all!

Dieter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts