Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Opeler
38 Posts
I am looking for a dimmer switch, high beam relay and heater fan with cover for a 1900 / Manta. I will be at Carlisle in my yellow 75 Sport Wagon and would be interested in buying them from someone.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,379 Posts
I'm offering my partially homemade Opel pulling thingamaching. It is specially made for the Kadett, but by cutting off and re-welding the rear attachment strips, it could very easily be converted for other Opels as well. As you can see, it attaches to the bumper mounting points of the Kadett frame (remove bumper for towing). VERY sturdy! I towed the Kadett a total of 2,500 Miles using this thing. Comes with the needed set of tail/brake lights, with magnetic base.
This is heavy!!!
Make offer.

Dieter

·
Registered
1971 Opel GT
48 Posts
In the course of my restoration, I have decided to replace the exhaust system. I am hoping someone attending Carlisle will be able to use it. It has surface rust and appears in pretty good condition. I could deliver it to the hotel or somewhere other than the fairgrounds. I am looking for $40. The tubing from the header to the muffler is 2.5" OD. Out of the muffler is 2" OD. There is just a single exhaust with a pitted chrome extension.
IMG_6402.jpg IMG_6400.jpg IMG_6401.jpg

·
Opel Key Master
5,229 Posts
It looks like I will be attending with some parts as well now. I just need to go through all my stuff which is mostly all together and see what all I can bring. I will have keys available too

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Keith L. - I will need your services for a gas tank key if possible.

Parts wanted: center console tray, handle tips for heater controls, original heater control plate, both of the rear kick panels (above package tray), both front turn signal (side marker) housings,

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,379 Posts
That tow bar look interesting. Could that be adapted for a 74 Manta?
Sure. It can generally be adapted to anything that has a removable bumper with some kind of mounting points to the frame. Now, the 74 Manta of course has the spring-loaded cylinders on the body, and I do not know how they actually attach to the bumper, or if you can pull the car by pulling on these cylinders. Maybe somebody can help with facts and/or pictures?

Dieter

·
Opel Key Master
5,229 Posts
I wouldn’t attach to those bumper shocks, they are fine for pushing, but they only have a metal clip holding them in on the end, so you would be pulling against a small area of the rods (3/8) and a clip. You could still fab up something for the tow hooks maybe in combination, or get further underneath.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,379 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I'm looking for a gas tank for my 1974 Ascona. The car is in AZ but I'll be @ Carlisle

·
Opeler
752 Posts
I can use a turn signal flasher for a 74 Manta that's in good working condition. I'll be there Fri afternoon and Sat. Let me know.

·
Opeler
638 Posts
Does anyone have a spare passenger window? See my other post but my son and I just went through two windows from what appears to be bent door tracks.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts