Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,187 Posts
Does anyone have a spare passenger window? See my other post but my son and I just went through two windows from what appears to be bent door tracks.

I have 3 sets at the present time from all the doors I went through on my banana car project. I have to choose one set to put on the car when it comes back from paint, so that leaves 2 sets. I can pick the best of the 2 remaining passenger ones(They should all be pretty much perfect). You can have it for free and I guess I can try to bring it to Carlisle. In fact, I'll give you both of the remaining windows just to get them out of my house.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,187 Posts
This is a ridiculous long shot, but would anyone have a headpipe made to fit a stock cast iron Opel 2.4 manifold in a GT? I think RallyBob only made 2, one for my other car and a larger one for a racer guy. I'll even accept a rusty one, just so that I can get my car to the muffler shop to have a new complete system made. Of course, if Bob feels like making another one, that would be awesome.

·
Super Moderator
13,810 Posts
This is a ridiculous long shot, but would anyone have a headpipe made to fit a stock cast iron Opel 2.4 manifold in a GT? I think RallyBob only made 2, one for my other car and a larger one for a racer guy. I'll even accept a rusty one, just so that I can get my car to the muffler shop to have a new complete system made. Of course, if Bob feels like making another one, that would be awesome.
I have a 2.5” GT headpipe (for the 2.4 manifold) I made as part of a full system. I got the rear resonator 90% done too, but that was right at the time I closed my old shop down. Right now it’s impossible for me to finish without a lift.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,187 Posts
I have a 2.5” GT headpipe (for the 2.4 manifold) I made as part of a full system. I got the rear resonator 90% done too, but that was right at the time I closed my old shop down. Right now it’s impossible for me to finish without a lift.
It would be really awesome if I could get just that headpipe from you, it would save me a lot of grief getting the car running if I had that. If you recommend it, I could have the diameter stepped down to 2.25" just before the muffler, to suit my non-cammed/ported engine. If you already have a nice free flowing muffler configured to work, I guess I could use that, too, if you think it's appropriate for my basically stock set up.

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm looking for a gas tank for my 1974 Ascona. The car is in AZ but I'll be @ Carlisle
I have one. I'll bring it.
The rear end is buried at the moment. Not sure if I can get to it before the show.

·
Super Moderator
13,810 Posts
It would be really awesome if I could get just that headpipe from you, it would save me a lot of grief getting the car running if I had that. If you recommend it, I could have the diameter stepped down to 2.25" just before the muffler, to suit my non-cammed/ported engine. If you already have a nice free flowing muffler configured to work, I guess I could use that, too, if you think it's appropriate for my basically stock set up.
Let me think about that. I didn’t want to break up the set, because that kinda makes the other pieces I built useless.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,370 Posts
I will bring some universal A/C stuff from VintageAir. Brand new, only handled for sizing and mockup before I bought a different system. Use it for any car (Opel or others).

This is an under-dash unit with heat and cool. It comes with the evaporator / heater core unit, two similar condensers (take one or both), and a few small parts. You will need a compressor and hoses for this. If you want this, I'll get it away for cheap.

Dieter

·
Senior Contributor
1,642 Posts
I have a decent GT windshield, not perfect, has a small edge chip on the bottom, couple light scratches, but no wiper marks, If it's better than what you have, and anyone interested ,, I'll bring it to Carlisle, knowing that we have no replacements at this time.
DSCF4877.JPG
DSCF4876.JPG

DSCF4878.JPG

I almost have a 4- Speed Transmission, if anyone interested , I'll bring it to Carlisle
Think was from a 75 Opel Manta, with cross member and shifter
DSCF4857.JPG
DSCF4859.JPG

I also Have a ARA Complete A/C system for the GT, That was installed by the Opel dealer , All the Plastic parts are Good, Factory AC.jpg Everything is there Tagged and bagged,,,and have all the Factory Dealer Installed Literature booklets for the dealer install. If someone is interested, I'll post more photos then.,, or just bring to Carlisle if there interest

-Mike

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,370 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,370 Posts
Manta front bumper with turn signals and plastic attachments, with good rubber on it!!!
Make offer.
I will only bring this if somebody speaks up or is at least highly interested.

Dieter

Reactions: RallyBob

·
Senior Contributor
1,642 Posts
A very Good Manta Clutch Fan, not siezed, for Manta Water Pump $60
DSCF4830.JPG

People , if you need Opel Used parts and coming to Carlisle, Please speak up,
We have a bunch of us coming that would like to lighten our Opel Parts Hoard, and see the Parts go to needed Members Use

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,187 Posts
Charlie needs to "borrow" my project car's auto tranny/driveshaft spring for his Manta's Getrag conversion, so that he can get to Carlisle. That means that at some point I'm going to need that spring from either him or someone else. They're supposed to be a larger diameter than 4sp springs. If anyone has one(or more) please bring to Carlisle.

·
1,092 Posts
I have lots of stuff mostly for Manta/Ascona if anyone needs including stuff I'd give away if I have it. Also:

Unused aluminum flywheel drilled for S-10 from a group buy 10 years ago. I paid around $300 for it back then
Rear springs from Sportwagon $75
Manta/Ascona clutch pedal cage $75
Sprint Header, needs bolts extracted $150
Uncracked 74-75 Manta Dash make an offer
Weber 38 dgas double pumper $125
Weber DCOE13 ?40 ?45 ssd w/mani $150
NOS Manta fan clutch $80
Various GT glass including a good windshield
More, more more. All kinds of used oem engine/trans parts, steering columns, fans, fittings, lenses, hardware

Have a safe trip everyone!
Jim

·
Opel Key Master
5,216 Posts
Charlie needs to "borrow" my project car's auto tranny/driveshaft spring for his Manta's Getrag conversion, so that he can get to Carlisle. That means that at some point I'm going to need that spring from either him or someone else. They're supposed to be a larger diameter than 4sp springs. If anyone has one(or more) please bring to Carlisle.
they are actually smaller and tapered on each end

·
Opel Key Master
5,216 Posts
I have 4 Venolia pistons, rods and rings were never run. Measure 3.735 with calipers, almost 2.0, were for a turbo project. $150 the set and I can bring them to the show. With lack of pistons available, I probably would run these on a new engine even though the dishes out area.

·
Opel Key Master
5,216 Posts
These are items I have that unless I get some Interest, I will not bring.
GM Air conditioning setup from a GT in nice shape
5 American Racing Libre wheels in 13x5” width
Leather wrapped ARA console
Blemish New Vintage A/C consoles-you can make work for your own setup.
2.0 Fuel Injection. Turns out it runs great, I had an electronic ignition problem and took it off the car. Complete setup all new injectors and hoses, components.
Most of a 75 fuel injection system
Oil pans?
Transmissions?
Anything large requested?
Hood?
Kadett Wagon lift gates? Doors?
Kadett or GT gas tanks chemically cleaned and ready to coat, or I possibly could coat for you. Painted hot rod black

·
Opel Adventure # 77 NC
644 Posts
I have a MegaSquirt MS-1 and relay board that I no longer need. $300 for all. It does not control ignition, just fuel.
It is fully assembled w/ Jim Stim and cables.
I will bring to Carlisle.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts