Opel GT Forum banner

Opels @ Carlisle 25th - 2021 Hotel options..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Given Dickinson decided to jump on the 2020 Carlisle Imports weekend I went looking for rooms for it.

I found a great option for us that fits all the needs, close, unique, got parking, and tons of amenities and the cost isnt much more than the Hotel.

UNFORTUNATELY it is NOT available in 2020 due to a wedding that is already booked.

But I am working on it to be our hotel for 2021 as I think it would be a great place to celebrate 25 years of friendship with all our Opel Family.

What do you all think ?

We will be at the Comfort Inn again in 2021 ( The few of us bold enough to venture to Carlisle last year stayed there.. and it was NICE )

Only a few years old and much closer to the show field, Easy parking, etc..

$99 A NIGHT, We have 20 reserved for Saturday and 10 For Friday.

Show is May 14th to May 16th

https://www.choicehotels.com/reserv...&checkOutDate=2021-05-16&ratePlanCode=BSAAYE1

Reactions: The Scifi Guy

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Sounds good

Charles ... It sounds like a step up. Thanks for taking the early lead in getting this rolling.
Also being that you are the go to guy for Mantas.. I understand that Gil is putting together a Manta 50th Anniversary get together similar to the GT 50th but the week will be entirely in California... Will you be there?

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charles ... It sounds like a step up. Thanks for taking the early lead in getting this rolling.
Also being that you are the go to guy for Mantas.. I understand that Gil is putting together a Manta 50th Anniversary get together similar to the GT 50th but the week will be entirely in California... Will you be there?
I would love too.. but given that it is supposedly in April, it is doubtful.

Busy time of year and no way I can make plans right now as there hasn't been any announcement as to locations and dates.

IF the dates and times move to later in the year its possible.

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thread moved to the Opels at Carlisle forum for easier locating.
Did the Poll follow ? Just saying as no one else has voted

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Opeler
1,287 Posts

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2025? and they switched us back to May. That stinks.

Karl
LOL.. fixed..

Yea.. I think if August was a bigger turn out then they may have gone with later dates. I think August was perfect.. Oh well.

·
Administrator
10,231 Posts

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wasn't it 10 for Thursday and 20 for Friday/Saturday?
I can change it if we think that many will show. Normally I dont reserve for Thursday because there are always rooms.

·
Build a dream and drive
133 Posts
Did the Poll follow ? Just saying as no one else has voted
I am interested in going. Not sure my car will be ready yet, but if it is ill go in primer. This is in Pennsylvania correct? This would be our first big Opel event. Long haul from California so it may be a trailer some, drive some?? It sounds super exciting and it would be great to put faces to profiles. Please keep me posted

·
Opeler
927 Posts

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

Curious, what was the point of the poll if the hotel selected wasn't even an option? :unsure:
The hotel in question wasnt available.. this was all Pre-Covid ;)

So since this post, the 2020 event got changed to August, which opened up a great hotel.. and since the other club that usually held that Hotel wasnt there.. well Win Win for us.

I am interested in going. Not sure my car will be ready yet, but if it is ill go in primer. This is in Pennsylvania correct? This would be our first big Opel event. Long haul from California so it may be a trailer some, drive some?? It sounds super exciting and it would be great to put faces to profiles. Please keep me posted
Yep, Carlisle, PA in the wonderful Spring... ;)

The 25th anniversary of the largest annual Opel in the US, and Opel Nationals..

Hotel is:

COMFORT INN PA TURNPIKE - I-81
77 Shady Lane
Carlisle, PA, 17013, US
Rate will be $99 a night

Group Name: Opel Motorsport
Group Code: YR77K4
Check In: Friday, May 14, 2021 (3:00 PM)
Check Out: Sunday, May 16, 2021 (12:00 PM)
Cutoff Date: Tuesday, Apr 13, 2021

More news as it comes..

Reactions: Josh72

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I have this on my calendar as a maybe as i still need to get the car in for bodywork and paint. Not sure if the wife is up for a 11hr ride in the Opel so we may trailer it.

·
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you can push it, pull, drag or tow it.. ;) We would like to see it there.. ;)

Reactions: Howell05
1 - 17 of 17 Posts