Opel GT Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I have been in contact with hotel, so far they show 2 rooms reserved from our block. If you have reserved a room there check to see if you are part of our block and room rate.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,449 Posts
Right now I'm not sure if I will be able to make it. Business is busy, I might have to hop on a plane to Germany on short notice.

Dieter

·
Registered
453 Posts
Setup my reservations at Comfort Inn yesterday. Looking forward to seeing everyone . How many confirmed are coming? Hate to lose our category in the future due to ill attendance.

·
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Scott's Post made me think of something. Be sure you are booked into the Comfort Suites on Dirksen Parkway, not the Comfort Inn on South 6th Street. As to his question, So far I count about 7 Opels for sure and up to 4 or 5 more possible. Maybe 2 or 3 without Opels. I stopped by and talked with Eric Schmidt yesterday to see if he was up to making it downtown Saturday. Eric has been battling cancer but says he is doing fairly well. I am going to help him get his registration documents so he can maybe meet up with us downtown for a least a short time. I don't think we are going to have a problem keeping our Opel Class, But I do hope we can get a big turnout next year for the Nationals. This year will give us a test run for a new Hotel and operating from a new area.

·
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
We are now about a week away from the event. Long term forecast is for nice autumn weather.

Also if anybody wants parts or wants to sell parts now is the time to post.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,449 Posts
It's official, work won over fun, I won't be able to attend. :mad::sick:

Dieter

·
Registered
453 Posts

Dieter
Sorry to hear that Dieter! Hope you will be at the Nationals next year. I was not aware that the Nationals were going to be in Springfield next year. Glad we got a slot for that.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Scott's Post made me think of something. Be sure you are booked into the Comfort Suites on Dirksen Parkway, not the Comfort Inn on South 6th Street. As to his question, So far I count about 7 Opels for sure and up to 4 or 5 more possible. Maybe 2 or 3 without Opels. I stopped by and talked with Eric Schmidt yesterday to see if he was up to making it downtown Saturday. Eric has been battling cancer but says he is doing fairly well. I am going to help him get his registration documents so he can maybe meet up with us downtown for a least a short time. I don't think we are going to have a problem keeping our Opel Class, But I do hope we can get a big turnout next year for the Nationals. This year will give us a test run for a new Hotel and operating from a new area.
Yep! Dirksen. I got on Hotels.com looking and realized that I was initially on the wrong one. Called the one on Dirksen and booked over the phone at the Opel rate.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,449 Posts
Sorry to hear that Dieter! Hope you will be at the Nationals next year. I was not aware that the Nationals were going to be in Springfield next year. Glad we got a slot for that.
I certainly won’t miss the Nationals. I’m sad enough already to not be part of this year’s show, even only a few Opels will be there. I just fell in love with the RT-66 show when I first was there, it has an irresistible flair that is unlike any other car show.
Dieter

Reactions: tomking

·
Detritus Maximus
2,930 Posts
There is a very real possibility that I can attend...although sans Opel. If I do, I will come up Friday and stay over for the Saturday festivities.
I have to check on booking a room, though.

John, how far from the motel will the event spot be? I ask because I was contemplating catching a ride in the Saturday morning drive if someone has an open seat. But that could leave me far from my car should I end up without a ride back!

It's only been 14 years since the last time I attended.

·
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Not sure of distance from hotel to downtown but pretty sure we can get you there and back.

Will miss the Opel police car and driver this year, I am sure it would have been a big hit for both Friday evening and Saturday.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,930 Posts
Thanks John. I don't think I've seen you and Connie since the Gateway Grizzly car show when the wouldn't let me and Al in!

Oh, as far as parts...I have someone local in need of a GT headlight bucket...might someone attending have a spare? I forget offhand which side...

·
Opeler
728 Posts
Oh, as far as parts...I have someone local in need of a GT headlight bucket...might someone attending have a spare? I forget offhand which side...
I'll take a look at what I have this afternoon. I know I have several headlight buckets but unsure of their condition. Free to a good home (y)

Anyone else need anything?

-David

·
Opeler
728 Posts

Dieter
Dieter,

Jessie was asking if you were going to be there... I broke the sad news to her.

See you next year at the Nationals!

·
Detritus Maximus
2,930 Posts
I'll take a look at what I have this afternoon. I know I have several headlight buckets but unsure of their condition. Free to a good home (y)

Anyone else need anything?

-David
Hi David,
That would great. Even if they need repair, he can handle that.
Looks like I will for sure be there.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,930 Posts
Really looking forward to Friday...

Since David is bringing the headlight buckets (Thank you, very much!), I also asked him about a GT center grille.
In case he does not, would anyone else have one?

·
Detritus Maximus
2,930 Posts
Also, if anyone is interested, I am about 2 hours south of Springfield and have a couple of rust free Kadett doors and front fenders.

If you want to make a detour after the show or maybe on the way.

I wish I could transport, but the Mustang trunk just isn't quite big enough.

·
148 Posts
I have made great progress on my interior refresh in the past couple of weeks, so I am tentatively coming now. Booked Friday only at Comfort Inn & Suites, not registered yet. Intent is to drive down from Naperville Friday to arrive around 4 PM, if all goes well (lots left to do). I have a hockey game Saturday night, so will be heading home before dinner.

Items I have that I can bring if there is any interest:
  • 4 speed driveshaft (free)
  • Auto driveshaft (free)
  • Brake booster (free)
  • Propeller shaft (free)
  • Un-molested gauge cluster, incl orig AM radio ($200 obo)
  • Various gauges (inquire with your interest... no clocks, and speedos are all W=897)
  • Used Fuel Sender (free ... eBay purchase from a few years ago, wound up putting in new one from OGTS)

·
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
This might be a good time to go over some registration stuff. The ones who have been here before know that if you have pre-registered you still need to to pick up your credential package and window sticker to enter the showfield. This can be done at 6th and Cook St. before entering the Gate Area on 6th St.. Participants can pick up all this or register at the same area from 2-6pm Thursday and Noon-8pm Friday. If you are not registered or have your window sticker you will need to do so Saturday as you enter the show area. The rest of us will head to our parking area at the far north end of 6th St. We will hold a spot for you. Anyone who thinks they will arrive late please let us know to hold a spot for you.

This may or may not be of interest to anyone in our group but it is legal to purchase and consume Marihuana in IL. There is a store that sells such about a rocks throw from the hotel

·
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I also have some things I would like to sell

Sprint Exhaust
Most everything for 75 Fi except wiring loom
Several Reconditioned Steering Columns For GT, with key and new ignition switch
1 useable Steering Column for Ascona with Key
Send PM for price

41 - 60 of 71 Posts