Opel GT Forum banner

Will you be attending.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
John, to have a date is already a good start! It's in my calendar!

Dieter

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
My grandpa and I probably wouldn’t be able to make the cruise to down town, since my school ends at 3:00 and we have a 5 hour drive. We still need to talk about it so we will see what happens.
You might not feel well on Friday morning and skip school for the day. The air in Springfield will be saturated with gasoline over the weekend, the smell will immediately make you feel better!

Dieter

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
I offer my Police car for the Cruise and the event t-shirt if they want it. However, I understand that a lone Rekord E might not be as much "identifiable" as an Opel (for the shirt), compared to a GT.

Dieter

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
Dieter
The new event organizer happens to have a law enforcement background. I mentioned that you and your Opel might be available to be in with some local vintage cop cars. Also being the lead car in our group you may be a part of both.
I will not forget to put the light bulbs back into the bar on the roof :p :love:

Dieter

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
Ooh finally an opel show within 1000 miles of Texas.
I’m going to plan on being there.
It'll be great to see you again! (y)

Dieter

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
Im lazy.. whats the link for it and the Hotel :)
You are too lazy to scroll up a bit, but want to organize a National Opel meet? God and Adam Opel be with us!

Dieter

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
PLEASE have the auction! I will bring some stuff, as usual.

Dieter

Reactions: Young Gt Lover

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
The T-shirts are now up for sale at the Greco Graphics online store. If you plan to be here for the show you can skip shipping and I will pick them up. I am going to try and post a link to store.

Ho do we skip shipping?
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
Rallye gauge cluster with ammeter - broken mount ears, probably for Kadett
I will gladly take that, and even buy you a six-pack in return.

Dieter

Reactions: hrcollinsjr

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
I decided to leave here late on Thursday evening and drive through the night. I will be there for the Friday lunch but might need a wake-up call :love::cool:

Dieter

Reactions: Nitromancer

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
I still have quite a few parts for sale which I could bring to Springfield.

Plus:
Manta Aluminum Front Bumper with OK rubber pieces - make offer
Complete 1.9 EFI set with Sprint manifold (needs new fuel pump) - $250
(mostly?) complete 1.9 EFI set without Sprint manifold - $50 obo

Dieter

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
How mostly is 'mostly'?
I can try to spread out the parts from the box tonight, that is, after I cleaned and loaded the car on my truck. No promises made if I'm getting to it.

Dieter

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
How mostly is 'mostly'?
I'd say "mostly mostly". I paid a lot of money for that, but that was ~20 years ago. "As is", for 50 bucks everything you see in the pics, but a cardboard box for free!

Dieter

Wood Gas Metal Fashion accessory Font
Wood Gas Font Metal Shadow
Wood Metal Tool Auto part Natural material
Liquid Plant Wood Road surface Asphalt
Wood Gas Metal Wire Fashion accessory
Wood Art Tints and shades Gas Metal

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
Last call to bring my Kadett Tow Bar to Springfield. I'm leaving tonight.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Composite material

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
Drink plenty of coffee. If the caffeine doesn’t keep you awake the need to pee will!
My drink of choice is ice cold Starbucks Frappuccino mocha. I have had three of them already, and there’s more in my cooler.

I am now at the one third point, somewhere between Chattanooga and Nashville. By the way, I am neither making it up nor am I exaggerating, I was just pulled over by a Tennessee state trooper, for the one only reason that he wanted to have a picture of him next to my police car.

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
I made it to the hotel at 8:15 this morning, after a pretty much uneventful drive (save the damn popo pulling me over). Sitting at breakfast with Gil, Harold and Sheila, and Craig and Gerri.
Dieter
Food Table Tableware Sharing Chair

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
I thank that guy so much for writing everything down in his notebook what a moron! Edit: All I was reading yesterday evening (after being on the road all day) was the line under the picture, about the "Italian Opal". Now reading the full article, this is more than OK :love: (y)

Anyway, arrived home safely about an hour ago. I will miss you all - until next year again!

Dieter

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,822 Posts
Thank you so much John and Conny! The whole weekend was awesome, you are always organizing a great event and it is easily visible that you put a whole lot of time into it. The Opel world is a great place because of awesome people like you!
The hotel is great, and the location serves us well.
Thank you to all the old & new friends I met during the weekend, you are all part of my extended family here in the USA!

Dieter

1 - 20 of 25 Posts