Opel GT Forum banner

Will you be attending.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,697 Posts
I offer my Police car for the Cruise and the event t-shirt if they want it. However, I understand that a lone Rekord E might not be as much "identifiable" as an Opel (for the shirt), compared to a GT.

Dieter

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,697 Posts
Dieter
The new event organizer happens to have a law enforcement background. I mentioned that you and your Opel might be available to be in with some local vintage cop cars. Also being the lead car in our group you may be a part of both.
I will not forget to put the light bulbs back into the bar on the roof :p :love:

Dieter

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,681 Posts
I have been trying to get more info on event and Hotel Location and pricing before starting this thread. All I really have at this point are a confirmed date. I will post more as I receive it. Just felt it was time to let folks know when and where it will happen.
Gonna definitely try to make it.. A bit out now to know.

Let me know the details. I am making a post card for Opel vendors to put into their shipments.

More I know the better.

Reactions: Nitromancer

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
3,350 Posts
One day, I’ll come to this with a finished GT.

For t shirts and other stuff in future events, Custom Ink might be a good idea. You can create a store with them that people buy their own stuff from. You never have to buy a bunch of stuff, hoping that it will all get purchased.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,697 Posts
Ooh finally an opel show within 1000 miles of Texas.
I’m going to plan on being there.
It'll be great to see you again! (y)

Dieter

·
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Okay here is a copy of our room contract. So far I have reserved 25 rooms. If we get reservations early enough for those they may open more to our block. For that and some other reasons I would ask that if you think you will attend reserve early. Having a good handle on expected numbers will have a direct bearing on what we can look at doing. Things like if we need more participant awards and will there be a need for a parts donation and auction to help with costs.
Font Material property Parallel Pattern Rectangle

·
Registered
The Young One
1,377 Posts
My Grandpa Just reserved rooms at the hotel for the show today! We will be trailering my Gt since it will probably not make a 5 hour drive. It still has tires on it from 1997! I have a lot I need to do to it like: wiring, battery area rust replacement, tuning, a title, and a bunch more! I can’t wait to meet you guys! We are going to leave after I get out at school at 3:00. Then we have a 5 hour drive.

Also what does dinner mean on the poll above?

Thanks Sam

·
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Sam
On Friday and Saturday evenings some of our group have dinner together. I try to set this up at a local restaurant so that we all can be seated as a group. Everyone pays for their own meal. Just another chance to talk with each other before going back to the hospitality room. In your case you may miss the chance for Friday dinner but can still make Hospitality room. This year more folks may take the opportunity to be a part of the Friday evening cruise to downtown. The cruise starts about 2 blocks away from club hotel and kind of winds it's way to downtown parking area. There will be music and food downtown. Crowds line the road and cheer the cruisers on. I try to get an idea of the numbers for the dinner so I can give the place we are going to a guess at what to expect. Last year we went Smokey Bones BBQ on Friday and Motor Heads on Saturday. We may do same this year.
Table Drinking establishment Tableware Barware Customer
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Sky
Furniture Table Customer Fun Hat

·
Registered
The Young One
1,377 Posts
Sam
On Friday and Saturday evenings some of our group have dinner together. I try to set this up at a local restaurant so that we all can be seated as a group. Everyone pays for their own meal. Just another chance to talk with each other before going back to the hospitality room. In your case you may miss the chance for Friday dinner but can still make Hospitality room. This year more folks may take the opportunity to be a part of the Friday evening cruise to downtown. The cruise starts about 2 blocks away from club hotel and kind of winds it's way to downtown parking area. There will be music and food downtown. Crowds line the road and cheer the cruisers on. I try to get an idea of the numbers for the dinner so I can give the place we are going to a guess at what to expect. Last year we went Smokey Bones BBQ on Friday and Motor Heads on Saturday. We may do same this year. View attachment 442602 View attachment 442603 View attachment 442604
Thanks for the info. We would probably be able to make the Saturday dinner but not the Friday dinner.

·
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Ron
At Sam's age he can probably survive it. For those who have not been here this is kind of an inside joke. The "Horse Shoe" is a locally celebrated Dish, AKA heart attack on a plate. It is basically an open face sandwich with choice or meat, covered in French fries and then doused with some form of cheese sauce. It is a big Honer to be considered best in Springfield. Quite tasty, I prefer the Buffalo Chicken Shoe at D'Arcy's Pint. Several attendees have tried them with various opinions.

·
Registered
The Young One
1,377 Posts
Ron
At Sam's age he can probably survive it. For those who have not been here this is kind of an inside joke. The "Horse Shoe" is a locally celebrated Dish, AKA heart attack on a plate. It is basically an open face sandwich with choice or meat, covered in French fries and then doused with some form of cheese sauce. It is a big Honer to be considered best in Springfield. Quite tasty, I prefer the Buffalo Chicken Shoe at D'Arcy's Pint. Several attendees have tried them with various opinions.
OOOOHHH That sounds good! Lol. I have never heard of them before.

·
Opeler
753 Posts
Jessie and I are hopeful to the make the trip, but it will all depend on how the boys are doing when the time comes. It will likely be our first weekend away in a long while.

Will keep everyone up to date.

-David

Reactions: Nitromancer

·
Detritus Maximus
3,593 Posts
Ron
At Sam's age he can probably survive it. For those who have not been here this is kind of an inside joke. The "Horse Shoe" is a locally celebrated Dish, AKA heart attack on a plate. It is basically an open face sandwich with choice or meat, covered in French fries and then doused with some form of cheese sauce.
I heard that everyone that orders it automatically gets the 'Senior Discount' because it will take a few years off your life

·
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The Horseshoe or the slightly smaller ponyshoe are not to be eaten daily. Probably would take a few years off your time.

I still need to get with Greco on setting up the online store. We need to make decisions on what will be offered and in what colors. Also how long the store will stay up. It will need to inform people that the event shirts will be silk screened and will not be printed till the order time frame is over. The stop time needs to be early enough to have time to print and ship. Unless I have them print a few extra that will be the end of that. The embroidered products like Polo shirts, hats and coats can be produced and shipped as orders come in. The idea is to not make this to complex. The embroidered products can be customized to some degree if you want to call and talk to them. The artwork has already been digitized for the sewing machines, changing some colors is not a big deal. Anyway I have been wanting to let the spring events get by and then start really promoting the Nationals.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts