Opel GT Forum banner

Will you be attending.

61 - 80 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
The Young One
1,752 Posts
My grandparents and I are really excited to go since this will be the first time I have ever been to an opel show! We still have a bunch to do like get the hedlights back in the car and working, install the new brake booster and mc, and fix the rocker panels. Also I have some parts I would like to trade or sell, like a nos inner drivers rear fender. Should we make another thread for parts or just continue posting on this thread?

Thanks Sam
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Blue Helmet Bumper

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Tire

Automotive tire Bumper Bicycle part Automotive exterior Rim

Reactions: Nitromancer

·
Opeler
985 Posts
I plan on going but will be doing a lot of traveling the prior week, so may cancel. If I do go, I've got a 4 speed for free. Don't know the condition and it's pretty grungy. If someone wants it I'll drag it along, but I'm not taking back home. If not, I'm tossing it.

·
Registered
The Young One
1,752 Posts
I plan on going but will be doing a lot of traveling the prior week, so may cancel. If I do go, I've got a 4 speed for free. Don't know the condition and it's pretty grungy. If someone wants it I'll drag it along, but I'm not taking back home. If not, I'm tossing it.
I might be interested in the 4 speed. I just got a 1972 GT parts car for the 4 speed and I could use extra 4 speed parts. I will talk to my grandpa about it.

So If anyone wants to buy the nos inner fender listed above or trade it for some opel part let me know. I also have like 6 pairs of front calipers, and other parts. Let me know if you guys need anything.

·
Registered
The Young One
1,752 Posts
Instrument panel out of 1970 GT?
No I have one out of a 1971-1972 GT I think I really don't know what year it is. I want to keep it too since It really helps knowing where everything is supposed to go.

·
Registered
The Young One
1,752 Posts
Does anyone know what the total number of people and opels coming?

·
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
The poll so far says 12. There are probably another half dozen who often make it that have not posted. I am sure a few are going to make last minute decisions on this. The lack of a definite number makes it difficult to set up certain portions of this. Going to go by the shirt shop today to try and see what can be done as far as online sales. The number of shirts to expect is an issue as to price and how extensive to make the online store. Hope to have more on this later.

·
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
A couple more things on the shirt front. Had to simplify the offerings to get it up and running. I did have them extend the order window until August,31. You can call them if you wish to order some of the embroidered products. These can be customized with the colors of your choice.
I also need someone's help in getting this link and info out there on the social media sites.

·
Registered
The Young One
1,752 Posts
I might have convinced my parent's to buy a shirt for a birthday/christmas present. The design is pretty neat!

Also my dad might be able to come to the show! That would mean my grandma wouldn't have to come and she doesn't really want to come. Hopefully my dad can get off work for it!

Reactions: Nitromancer

·
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Wanted to address a couple of posts. YGL said grandma not really big on attending. Quite a few spouses and others find it boring just sitting around the cars all day. This is a good time to remind folks this is a downtown street show with many other things to see and do. A lot of the shops and restaurants will be open as well as stage performances. We are parked across the street from the Abe Lincoln Presidential Museum, and within walking distance of several other Lincoln sites.
A post on another thread and some here have asked about a parts swap area. Ther is not a parts swap area as far as I know. I think it was tried during a few of the early shows but must not have had a big interest. Sinch then we as a group have put out a post here letting folks know what we have or want. I need to make a list of what I would like to see go to someone else's garage.

·
Opeler
774 Posts
Jessie and I are planning to arrive Friday afternoon. Similar to last year, we booked an air BNB in downtown Springfield, just minutes from the show. We will join the group for dinner Friday and Saturday.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

David

·
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
David
Good to hear you two can make it. I am starting to get a little more optimistic about the turnout for this year. I have had a few other contacts that have not posted on here that plan to make it. With times being as strange as they have been the last couple of years, I know it is hard to make a solid commitment. I will soon be trying to find out how many who will be here Friday evening are planning to be a part of the cruise to downtown. I have been told they will hold a spot for us near the front of the cruise.

·
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Just a reminder, you need to have T-shirt orders in by the end of august. There is a link to the online store in an earlier post here. Also, those of you on social media, Facebook, etc, please put a reminder out to those groups about the event and online store.

61 - 80 of 302 Posts