Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Opeler
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is the clutch fork adjustment procedure for the 4 speed the same as the 240 getrag? My 72' factory service manual says 4 1/4" from the tip of the fork to the face of the transmission. Assuming this is without the return spring attached and fork arm pushed forward. Its seems find now, just second guessing things...

Thanks,

- David

·
Opeler
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
13,978 Posts
Regardless of transmission…stock 4-speed, Getrag 240, ZF 5-speed…the adjustment is 4.25” with a standard clutch.

The adjustment for any and all of these transmissions is 4.75” IF you are using a Chevy S-10 clutch, due to the larger 9.125” diameter pressure plate’s diaphragm needing more travel to disengage the clutch.

·
Opeler
875 Posts
There it is! I'm also running an S-10 clutch. That's where my little tidbit came from. Thankfully, RallyBob is here to keep us straight.

·
Opeler
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Regardless of transmission…stock 4-speed, Getrag 240, ZF 5-speed…the adjustment is 4.25” with a standard clutch.

The adjustment for any and all of these transmissions is 4.75” IF you are using a Chevy S-10 clutch, due to the larger 9.125” diameter pressure plate’s diaphragm needing more travel to disengage the clutch.
Bob,

Thanks for the clarification. The way the 72 FSM manual reads is sort of confusing. It mentions first to adjust the ball stud protrusion to 3/4". In the next paragraph it states to adjust the clutch fork arm to 4 1/4". Once this is accomplished, I no longer have 3/4" protrusion on the ball stud. I guess the 3/4" is a primary adjustment that is supposed to get you close to the 4 1/4" fork arm setting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts