Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 361 Posts

·
Administrator
10,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After slowly working on it for the past two years, things are moving forward with this transplant.

More updates to follow.

Attachments

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,133 Posts
What a beautiful engine! This is awesome! I didn't know there were any of these in the States? :bs2:

But really, great work Gary. Can't wait to see it.

Dieter

·
Administrator
10,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is your plan for driveshaft? I see the output shaft takes flex disc.
Do you have to modified the engine compartment or firewall to fit the engine.
Looks good.
Pete
I have the driveshaft for that setup. The firewall will need to be cut. How much will be determined by the clearance needed for the aluminum radiator/fan.

·
Administrator
10,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the R25. Can I use the 1.9L clutch/flywheel/pressure plate/clutch cable/release bearing/ clutch cable and arm?
Pete
The R25 that I have is set up for a hydraulic clutch and the slave cylinder is on the passenger side. (opposite from the 1.9) I don't think it can be easily swapped to the other side.

I think that you can use the flywheel assembly. Just check if the tranny input shaft is the same length as the 1.9.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Ok. That is the end to the trans. Are you going to use stock u joint at the back side? You need some play so you do not have pressure to the output shaft. Do you have pic of the complete driveshaft or it has to be made?
Pete

·
Administrator
10,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good point. The "new" driveshaft will be made once the engine is in place and I get an accurate length. The front section will be shortened and then mated to the Ascona d-shaft.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
I have the R25. Can I use the 1.9L clutch/flywheel/pressure plate/clutch cable/release bearing/ clutch cable and arm?
Pete
1.9 flywheel is 6-bolt attachment. The 3.0 24V uses an 8-bolt crankshaft. Totally different.

Edit: Doh, irrelevent for your transmission question!

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
3.0 DOHC nnnnnniiiiiiicccccceeeeeeeee :yup:
Totally agree, I had an Omega Wagon with this engine back in the day and it's a really nice engine.

I miss that car, talk about sleeper, not many wagons with that kind of performance around here at the time and the Omega wasn't exactly known as a performance car

1 - 20 of 361 Posts