Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Administrator
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After slowly working on it for the past two years, things are moving forward with this transplant.

More updates to follow.

Attachments

·
Detroit,where my home was
2,891 Posts
3.0 DOHC nnnnnniiiiiiicccccceeeeeeeee :yup:

·
Administrator
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is your plan for driveshaft? I see the output shaft takes flex disc.
Do you have to modified the engine compartment or firewall to fit the engine.
Looks good.
Pete
I have the driveshaft for that setup. The firewall will need to be cut. How much will be determined by the clearance needed for the aluminum radiator/fan.

·
Administrator
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the R25. Can I use the 1.9L clutch/flywheel/pressure plate/clutch cable/release bearing/ clutch cable and arm?
Pete
The R25 that I have is set up for a hydraulic clutch and the slave cylinder is on the passenger side. (opposite from the 1.9) I don't think it can be easily swapped to the other side.

I think that you can use the flywheel assembly. Just check if the tranny input shaft is the same length as the 1.9.

·
Administrator
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good point. The "new" driveshaft will be made once the engine is in place and I get an accurate length. The front section will be shortened and then mated to the Ascona d-shaft.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,168 Posts
I have the R25. Can I use the 1.9L clutch/flywheel/pressure plate/clutch cable/release bearing/ clutch cable and arm?
Pete
1.9 flywheel is 6-bolt attachment. The 3.0 24V uses an 8-bolt crankshaft. Totally different.

Edit: Doh, irrelevent for your transmission question!

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
3.0 DOHC nnnnnniiiiiiicccccceeeeeeeee :yup:
Totally agree, I had an Omega Wagon with this engine back in the day and it's a really nice engine.

I miss that car, talk about sleeper, not many wagons with that kind of performance around here at the time and the Omega wasn't exactly known as a performance car

1 - 20 of 355 Posts