Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday we had a decent turn out despite the morning rain (my group was in the afternoon) about 12 cars in FSP to compete with. I am still experimenting with lines and shift points and found I was fastest just sticking it out in first gear for this course. I managed to hit 8000rpm (new tach with recall), thanks to Calvin's springs and retainers I'm pulling almost 1000rpm more out of the car! I tried hitting second and then back to first, but ended up not giving it enough revs and locked up the rear end. I got it started again and nothing seems to be damaged (phew). I knocked about 8 seconds off by the end of my runs and managed to miss all the cones out there. I finished in 3rd but not by too much, I got beat by the two guys that got me last time =(

Sunday I ran in the morning, it was about 65 and windy with light intermittant rain. The guys on full race slick were having a lot of trouble hooking up, but I've got Kumho V700s and they weren't doing too bad. I started driving much more aggressively today and with the course set up different I was hitting second after the first corner and holding that for the rest of the run. I managed to drift through the big U shaped corner (fun stuff) due to an understeer condition in the beginning and me giving it a little throttle oversteer about midway. They guys watching said it looked like I meant to do it. This time I was 1.5 seconds faster than anyone else out there for my first 1st place win!

Unfortunatley we don't have another points event for 2 months, I can go to an event put on by a tuning company and track next month, so I'll get a little more practice in.

We forgot the camera so no pictures unless someone else from the club took some and puts them up.

·
Super Moderator
13,990 Posts
Congrats!

·
648 Posts
Good job, Dan. I had my first AutoX today with the new engine, and my first one in a year. The car ran faster then my brain was working. It was a 2nd gear course with lots of saloms. The new rev limiter rotor works great. I only managed one clean run, but it was enough to win FSP (4 cars). The car was so much faster then last year. I finally was able to really see the difference in the engine. The good news is, the only thing I broke today was an exhaust hanger. The bad news is, boy did I stink!
Bestus,
James

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the props guys! Now I need to find a new rear axel, limited slip, and some sway bars. I'm installing an MSD 6AL this weekend to keep the revs under control and I'll be dropping the oil pan to install an oil temp sensor soon.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.