Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Über Genius
9,490 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
It depends, there is a difference between a Kadett C with 175 50 13 couch wheels and an Omega 3000 with a C30SE engine and 205 65 15 wheels. The Kadett will run 155km/h @ 6000RPM while the omega will run 245km/h @ 6000RPM with a 3,70:1 rear gear ratio.

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,676 Posts
The lower the gear ratio, the slower the car will accelerate and the higher the top speed. So for cruising, a 3.44 is better than a 3.71. A 3.71 will make a GT feel more lively however.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,479 Posts
The lower the gear ratio, the slower the car will accelerate and the higher the top speed. So for cruising, a 3.44 is better than a 3.71. A 3.71 will make a GT feel more lively however.
Following the OP's posts, he has a 3.0 Senator.

Dieter

Reactions: Autoholic

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,676 Posts
OP hails from South Africa. I hope his country can recover and move on quickly. For those that don't know, South Africa is tearing itself apart. There is massive civil unrest, the rioting is destroying huge parts of the country. Racial tensions are very high. The corrupt government appears to be close to collapsing and at risk of becoming a failed state with unemployment above 30%. It's very ugly according to everything I've seen in the news.

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,676 Posts
That doesn't sound right.
Can you further reintegrate
Do some research on it.
And not that long ago, white people with land were being forced from their homes in the name of black justice.

My earlier comment was not to derail this thread and get caught up in a specific issue within South Africa. I sympathize with the OP is all. It hasn't been very good for the country for some time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts