Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In stock, newly manufactured 304 stainless steel Opel GT battery trays. May be welded, brazed or bolted in place in the original location. Includes welded hold-down nut and ground strap nut.

Made from the same stamping dies as the other mild steel battery trays on the market, but will likely outlast the car!

$95, plus shipping.

Attachments

Reactions: pherrley

·
Super Moderator
13,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,458 Posts
Yet another item I have absolutely no need for, but may buy so I have one.. because you never know.

Reactions: Manta Rallier

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bumping this old thread for a related question.

What is used as the original battery hold down for the stainless tray? I've searched around for information and pics to see what it looks like. Lots of pics of the tray but none with the battery and hold down in place that I could find. I bought a stainless tray but my GT didn't come with the original hold down bracket, so I'm looking for a pic to see what it looks like so I get the right thing and a link, if possible, to buy one. At one point I remember seeing one on OGTS, but can't find it again. Thanks!

·
What's a Nopel?
351 Posts
I always hated the way that the battery locked into the stock tray but lived with it since the 26R batteries I bought in the past had the "lip" on the bottom for the bracket to clamp onto. Recently my battery needed to be replaced and several of the batteries I checked out in 26R size did not have the "lip" on the battery casing, it was just smooth plastic all the way around.

In looking at several solutions, I hit upon this option - Amazon.com: Camco 55404 Battery Hold-Down Tray (Large): Automotive

I trimmed it to 11 1/4 inches by cutting off both of the short sides, (keeping everything centered), trimmed off the bolting ears, installed the 2 posts (held in place with duct tape) and bolted it to the battery tray.

The cross piece fits the 26R battery perfectly and now I don't have to worry about my battery falling over on a turn.

I thought it was a good solution for 8 bucks.
a

1 - 10 of 10 Posts