Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
102 Posts
Yes it will!

This is the same model i currently have in my GT.
Keep in mind it has a "manual" choke. So far I haven't had any problems
with it and they are very easy to rebuild if necessary.

HTH

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, and did you have to do any mods to the linkage and if so can you give me the details so I can purchase these items.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, is this carb street legal? (I called them and had to leave a message and I don't know yet if it is).

·
Super Moderator
9,743 Posts
weber legal?

Qwick;
If webers are illegal for the street, then a butt-load of us are in SERIOUS trouble!! :D :D

·
rust + magic = gold!
169 Posts
Here is a picture of my linkage to a weber 32/36. It's straightened out a bit with an additional hole. I might be wrong but some Weber 32/36's are sold with the wrong jets for an opel 1.9L.

Attachments

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
BQS4 said:
Qwick;
If webers are illegal for the street, then a butt-load of us are in SERIOUS trouble!! :D :D

Be careful, a lot of states have some really weird rules regarding emissions equipment. If your car is old enough that it doesn't have to take an emissions test, then the sky is pretty much the limit. But, that is widely variable from state to state.

The vendor is probably the second best resource (they want to sell you the carb). Your local inspection station or DMV is the best resource. A lot of states have websites set up to let you know what is legal and what isn't.

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts
72GT said:
I might be wrong but some Weber 32/36's are sold with the wrong jets for an opel 1.9L.
I was under the impression that all carbs came with the default jets, and that a rejetting was almost mandatory to get the best performance and mileage.

Does anyone sell "pre-jetted" carbs? Every carb that I have ever heard of needed to be rejetted once on the car for the biggest gains.

·
102 Posts
PO made mods

Qwick said:
Thanks, and did you have to do any mods to the linkage and if so can you give me the details so I can purchase these items.
Qwick,
The PO installed the carb. No idea what special linkage you'll need, since I don't know what the stock looked like. I'm sure someone here will answer your question. If not, when I get a chance I'll take pictures of my current setup and post them here.

Good luck!

PS: YES, they are street legal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts