Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removed the old solex and replaced with weber. No instruction with new weber for conversion, the linkage is not the same. Would accept help from any of the great minds out there in opel gt syber space........:confused:

·
Detritus Maximus
3,114 Posts
Reuse the ball nut (you haven't thrown the Solex out, yet, have you?) and the Solex linkage with the arm/slot that the throttle rod pin slides into. That linkage needs a little trimming, if you sit and stare at the two carbs, the linkage, and paly around with it abit, you'll see what need to be done. Or you go cross-eyed.

I'm sure somebody has a pic they can post. Anybody?

·
587 Posts
If you haven't figured it out yet. Here is a pic of the parts needed to put on the weber carb. You will need to to trim (cut,grind,file) the bracket as mentioned so that it doesn't interfere with any parts on the new carb & has a full range of motion. DO NOT tighten the ball stud too tight as it could bind the linkage. Once the ball nut is installed it should operate smoothly.

Tom C

Attachments

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:) Thanks to all (MACH1TOM / OPELBITS) the bracket mod is done, ballnut screwed on, linkage in place and the carb is sitting in the chair (manifold). I will crank this puppy up in the a.m.
I could of used a site like this when I purchased my first GT back in 73.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts