Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Because of the difference in a 32/36 and a 38/38, you will need to open the intake manifold to 38mm. If you don't, there is no real advantage to having a 38/38. It is a fairly simple process, just take a grinder to the opening and keep going until you get to 38mm on both openings. You have probably already done that, but I thought I would throw that in too.

Bob

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Because of the difference in a 32/36 and a 38/38, you will need to open the intake manifold to 38mm. If you don't, there is no real advantage to having a 38/38. It is a fairly simple process, just take a grinder to the opening and keep going until you get to 38mm on both openings. You have probably already done that, but I thought I would throw that in too.

Bob
His running the 32-36 progressive Weber, not the 38 dges

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Vincent, not sure why the thread is 38 weber tuning. He also has an electric choke, I have the same set up on my GT, so I thought I was helping.

Bob
Lol

In deed in 2012 the original poster of this thread was running a 38 dges.

The Cub resurrected this thread recently on the subject of modifying the power valve spring witch was covered in this thread and tends to be a modification for the Weber 38 dges. The Cub was simply adopted the theory and experimenting with his power valve spring, on his 32-36 progressive Weber.

Hence why things got a bit confusing.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Lol

In deed in 2012 the original poster of this thread was running a 38 dges.

The Cub resurrected this thread recently on the subject of modifying the power valve spring witch was covered in this thread and tends to be a modification for the Weber 38 dges. The Cub was simply adopted the theory and experimenting with his power valve spring, on his 32-36 progressive Weber.

Hence why things got a bit confusing.
Vincent, I guess I should read the dates of the posts, that would solve the problem. No biggie, stuff happens.
Bob

21 - 27 of 27 Posts