1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Driver
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Opel Addicts
2,475 Posts
Saw another pro-street GT listed a while back for $60,000. Was pink with grey interior. Strip and street ready.

Vickie

·
Registered
109 Posts
Expected to see a mint, showroom condition GT with 300 miles on it or something, not a dragster. That caught me by surprise. Was a little shocked to see a dragster listed as a 'driver' too. Wonder how many states it's legal in? The rear tires alone look too wide to be street legal.

·
335 Posts
You ever notice that when you see these v-8 Opels no one ever shows the engine compartment or interior of the car? They always seem to be really vague about how they got all that motor in the little car. I guess they don't what to show you how much they had to butcher the car to wedge the engine in.

·
Opel Junkie
113 Posts
keep in mind that the gt shown is not really a gt...it is a tube-framed car with a fiberglass or plastic shell. it is NOT a real gt!! you could conceivably make any car you wanted out of a tube frame with a plastic shell. how about a 1000 hp mg midget? no problem... it may wind up a little bigger and out of proportion, but it will LOOK like a midget.

i believe that is what they did with the car in question. notice how the rear end looks wider than a stock gt? and the nose looks longer? it's not a true gt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts