Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the original wheels off my 78 Opel Kadett. 4 wheels and tires are in great condition. 5th wheel & tire is the spare- wheel is a bit faded and tire has good tread but is old- does hold air. No centercaps. Located near Springfield, MO.

$300

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
As an FYI, I believe that those "8-slot" rims are the same as the wheels that came on 1975 Manta's and Ascona's (1900's) and are 13 x 5 1/2 (vs 13 x 5). If so, they would have clearance for the 1975 "Big Brakes" rotors and calipers, that earlier OEM steel wheels do not

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did listen and wheels are now listed on an Opel sale page. Opelspyder also stated that my wheels were from a Manta or other larger Opel. These same type wheels may have been installed on other Opel models sold in the US or elsewhere but the wheels I am selling came off a 1978 Opel Kadett. The wheel size is 13x5.5. I did not state in my ad that the wheels would fit a Manta or other Opel because I cannot confirm that information. I can only confirm the size of the wheels and the original vehicle on which the wheels were installed on from the factory.

If the wheels do fit a later Opel and are a wider option that will allow the use of larger brakes, that is great and I hope someone wants them. I cannot use the wheels on my car since I installed larger front and rear brakes which require 15 or 14" wheels depending on wheel profile to clear the calipers.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Your wheels are the common sport steel wheels that were available as stock equipment or as an option depending on model in the Manta/Ascona A and B and in the Kadett C and Vauxhall Chevette and Cavalier mk 1.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
No, the '73 GT Rostyle wheel is only 5" wide, not 5 1/2", has a different offset, and only has 4 slots, not 8. Similar, but very much not the same
I was also fooled on this.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The four slot 5 x 13 ET 27(or thereabouts) wheels were originally intended for the Kadett B in Europe. In Finland they are called Festival wheels after the Kadett Festival special edition. The eight slot 5,5 X 13 ET 37 were for the Ascona, Manta and Kadett C.

·
Super Moderator
5,767 Posts
The four slot 5 x 13 ET 27(or thereabouts) wheels were originally intended for the Kadett B in Europe. In Finland they are called Festival wheels after the Kadett Festival special edition. The eight slot 5,5 X 13 ET 37 were for the Ascona, Manta and Kadett C.
I am unsure about Euro Kadett B's, GT's and Manta/Ascona's Rostyle (4-slot), but I know from personal experience that the 1973 GT Rostyle rims are NOT the same as the seemingly-same Manta/Ascona Rostyle rims of the same era. I once had a 1975 Ascona SportWagon, that happened to come into my possession with two '75 8-slot 5 1/2" rims, and two pre-'75 Ascona 4-slot rims. Not only did the 4-slot rims not fit over the "Big Brakes" calipers, when I compared the Ascona's 4-slot rims to a 1973 GT rim, the offset was different. IIRC, the '73 GT Rostyles were ET+25, while the Ascona 4-slot Rostyles were ET+31 and the 8-slot rims were ET+37

1 - 11 of 11 Posts