Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
RunOpel
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was just posted on Craigslist for the Spokane, Washington area. Selling 6 Opel GT's all for $4,500

The link is: https://spokane.craigslist.org/for/d/airway-heights-opels/6995724794.html

This is how it was advertised:

I am selling 6 Opel GT's in various conditions, they all have paperwork either titles or AVR's all but one have drive trains haven't tried to start them , selling for someone else, asking $4,500 for all as a package deal, could easy make 4 runner drivers out of the six , pics on request

Might be of interest to someone. I'm very tempted as its only a 6 hr drive for me, but if I just breath a word of it to my wife :no:
Unfortunately, I do not have the space to house 6 GT's as much as I would love too.

Good luck and if someone does take the plunge, please keep us posted on the status.
Dan

·
RunOpel
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would totally agree with you both. Sometimes pictures is what sells it. I will try and reach out and see if I can get some pictures.
Who knows, this could be a great catch or just 6 rusted out never ending restoration projects :lmao:
I have been searching, watching Craigslist and many other sources for Opel GT's for a very long time and never seen this many for sale in one ad.
Dan

·
RunOpel
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's hitting the lottery :no: I have some cheap water front property I will sell you too :yup:
If you are truly telling the truth, well...more evidence please :haha:
Dan

·
Bikini Inspector
5,769 Posts
That's hitting the lottery :no: I have some cheap water front property I will sell you too :yup:
If you are truly telling the truth, well...more evidence please :haha:
Dan
i score on all the lost treasures.

i guess a couple of the motors were built n=by roger wilson or rallybob.

ported and everything.

·
Registered
643 Posts
i score on all the lost treasures.

i guess a couple of the motors were built n=by roger wilson or rallybob.

ported and everything.
That’s awesome! Very happy for ya FT. :veryhappy Who was the person that let these go? Did you prod them for any information on how they acquired them etc.? You’re not blowing this up to see if the gullible like me bites r u?

·
Bikini Inspector
5,769 Posts
one of the motors I do not recognize. I was able to get stash cheap enough where shipping included is still a deal.

anyone identify this motor for me? this is picture seller gave me. wife selling ths stash said his name was bruce...pic is from when he saw it at a show. and later bought it. on a pallet now. she calls it race only motor.

Attachments

·
Über Genius
8,748 Posts
one of the motors I do not recognize. I was able to get stash cheap enough where shipping included is still a deal.

anyone identify this motor for me? this is picture seller gave me. wife selling ths stash said his name was bruce...pic is from when he saw it at a show. and later bought it. on a pallet now. she calls it race only motor.
It's amazing that there was a recent discussion about the ultimate rare, $15,000 value, crossport head and there's one right there.

·
Registered
643 Posts
It just keeps sounding better and better, almost too good to be true. I’d be pinching myself at this point. If true indeed you have struck quite the jackpot!

·
Pedal Smasher
1,946 Posts
sold. I bought the lot. 2 getrags and 2 2,4's. a 2.2 fuel injection parts galore.

snooze ya lose.
Get the hell out! These cars seriously had some Getrags, 2.4's, and even a cross flow head?!?!?!?

You're lying to us. Even someone with no idea would charge more for a nice GT, just 1 GT. Let alone 6. No way. I ain't believing this tall tail.

·
Bikini Inspector
5,769 Posts
I'm just surprised how long it took before someone said they didn't believe FT. :haha::haha::haha:
ding...ding...ding winner winner chicken dinner.

I was just messing around. i was a lil buzzed. haha sorry folks.

but, history does suggest I score on what people look past.

·
RunOpel
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And I thought you were going to buy my water front property :ugh:
I have called and left messages and even text the seller, but nothing....crickets :no:
Either its a hoax or the seller is not very motivated in selling. I will update if I ever hear from the seller or get pictures.
Dan

·
Über Genius
8,748 Posts
And I thought you were going to buy my water front property :ugh:
I have called and left messages and even text the seller, but nothing....crickets :no:
Either its a hoax or the seller is not very motivated in selling. I will update if I ever hear from the seller or get pictures.
Dan
I asked the seller to not talk to anyone else about it until I get out there on Saturday.
FT isn't too far off. He has a red one with a Steinmetz valve cover and it's a 5 speed. Looks like it just needs buffed out. He said the dash was recovered 10 years ago and it's been in the barn for 9 of those years.

·
RunOpel
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you are serious, then that would explain why I haven't heard anything. Well good luck to you, hope it turns out a jackpot. Let us know the outcome with pictures.
Dan

·
Registered
643 Posts
I asked the seller to not talk to anyone else about it until I get out there on Saturday.
FT isn't too far off. He has a red one with a Steinmetz valve cover and it's a 5 speed. Looks like it just needs buffed out. He said the dash was recovered 10 years ago and it's been in the barn for 9 of those years.
It still sounds like a good find FO. FT if you didn’t throw in the cross flow head you might have been able to keep the line wet for a while, realizing there was no storyline behind your claim I finally caught on before I logged in this morning expecting to see this. No harm in trying to have some fun, you did have me going yesterday LOL

·
Über Genius
8,748 Posts
Actually, I'm BSing too.

I'm considering giving the guy a call but I have NOT talked to him yet.

If what I said was true, I would have taken the day off and drove to Spokane.

·
Registered
265 Posts
For a bunch of old timers, y'all are sure doin' some 5-star trolling here. Keepin' everyone on their toes.

This poor woman, no one's going to actually call because everyone keeps thinking it's sold. :p

It's within weekend trip distance for me, I'm tempted but, I wouldn't know what to do with even one good GT if I bought it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts