Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey its me again. almost done restoring my opel :) anyways i was talkin to one of my dads crazy friends and he told me, when he was in germany he drove a opel gt prototype. It had a v6 with a 6 speed tranny in it. he said it was a blast to drive. So i wanna know, is this guy just sh**in me or what. ive never heard of a factrory v6/6 spd ive seen pictures of a prototype opel gt. but they said it never ran so the question is. is this guy tellin me the truth? HELP

·
boomerang opeler
5,648 Posts
in 1982 a friend of mine in the army used to go out with the daughter of the "schriber kitchen " manufacturer
and he told me that the father had opel make him a 2.8 straght 6 with a 5speed he said it had the rear axil changed but didm]nt know to what
he was disapointed with the performance of mine as it was only a 1.9
i suppose it pays to have money and to have been in the same party years ago

·
Super Moderator
6,035 Posts
Before that comment gets discarded as fantasy, does anyone know what drivetrains Opel had in the Opel GT2 showcar (shown below as the last car in the upper row, based on the Manta/Ascona platform)? An article I read said that it had a 1.9 CIH with L-Jetronic EFI and a ZF 5-speed, but perhaps Opel had tried different drivetrains? Did Opel ever have a V-6 around that era?

Attachments

·
boomerang opeler
5,648 Posts
as far as i know thay only had straight 4's and 6's the V6's didnt come around untill the 90's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts