Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a dash from what was stated as a 70 GT dash. I believe it is from a 69 since it only has mounting screws near the radio/heater section. The top of the dash has mounting pins. The only confusing thing is the indicator lights are round instead of rectangular. Is the indicator cluster removable and interchangeable like the 70-73 dashboards?

The dash broke at the heater section during shipping and I glued it back together. I will bring it to Carlisle if anyone is interested. Price, Cheap, (like $1.00)

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,115 Posts
the 69 instrument clusters have the rectangular lights as you said, but they cannot be removed, they're made into the panel, and are a little shorter heightwise than the circular light cluster.

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know what I have then? No screw holes along the top of the dash but round indicator lights :confused:

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,115 Posts
i'd say early 70' cluster

·
Opeler
141 Posts
I have a 70 and it sounds a lot like the dash I have. Mine has 2 screws up front, half way down, close to the radio. It is also held in place by press pins, i guess that's what you call them, that are installed behind the panel. It also has the round turn signal, high beam, etc.

·
1000 Post Club
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nbrcrnchr said:
I have a 70 and it sounds a lot like the dash I have. Mine has 2 screws up front, half way down, close to the radio. It is also held in place by press pins, i guess that's what you call them, that are installed behind the panel. It also has the round turn signal, high beam, etc.
Do you have a manufacturing date on your '70? I wonder if it is a late 69, but titled as a '70 in the U.S. Remember, in Europe, the model year starts in January, but in the U.S. it normally starts in September of the previous year.

Well now we know there are 3 dashes out there. early 69, with rectangular indicators, '70 with only mounting screws near the radio and finishing off with '71-73, with many mounting screws.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,115 Posts
i have one of these round indicator dashes with only 2 screw holes. its in the back of my S10, so i can check it out during lunch, my next hour and replay in 5th hour.

·
Opeler
141 Posts
My 70 was built in February of 1970 and purchased June 1,70

Also, Is the Number on the side of the key the same as the Key code? or is it just the number used to look up the blank? Looking for the code to have one reproduced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.