Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to start any arguments, but, I was looking at the posted pic of the 69 GT tan interior and it was commented on the pic, that 69 GT's didn't have the black tray behind the shifter console. That it's supposed to be just carpet there. Well, i had to go look at my 69 GT just to see about another add in the classified section, in which they're looking for a tan tray. Well, my 69 has a black tray. As I'm not at home, at the moment, I have pics on my home pc of an all original, very low miles, green exterior, tan interior 69 GT, that was sold on EBAY about a yar or so ago. I'll have to pull up the pics when I get home, but, I think it had a black tray too. I thought it was just the few 68, and very early 69 GT's that had no tray. I might be wrong, but, I'll know more when I check the pics I have at home.

·
Administrator
10,293 Posts
That is one of the mysterys that we hope the registry database will help to clarify. My "early" (flat rear panel, etc.) '69 did not have the rear console section. One way to check if it's original is to remove it and see if there is a carpet section under the console. (assuming the carpet is original.)

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, SHAZ-BOT, I can't find the pics of that 69 GT. I'll keep looking, but, I also remember that even the red interiored GTs had a black tray. Susselbeek is probably the only place where you can get alternate colored trays.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts