Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,219 Posts
Differences are minor.
Rear side windows open out on the 73 and are fixed on the 69
Backup light on the 73 is built into the tail lights. Seperate light in the center on the 69
I'm not positive but I think the 69 may have had a split front bumper
The wheels are also different between the years.
There are several interior differences also.

·
149 Posts
Other Differences

Different Rear Axles, Bearings are NLA for the 69.
73 Round indicator light on the dash, 69 are rectangular.
69 has a hinged ashtray, 73 slides.
69 highbeams switch is a buttom on the stock, 73 the stock is pulled tward the driver.
73 has side impact reinforcements in the doors, 69 does not.
There are differences in the wiring diagrams and the number of microswitches in the headlights.
The shape of the headlight lever was different for 69.
73 has an indentation for the lisence plate, 69 does not.
I believe there were differneces in the seatbelts.
There were some minor differnces in the design of the front suspension bushings.
Potentially there were differences in the emmisions systems, but I have never verified this.
The backup switch mounts externally on the 69 manual, in is inserted in the case of the 73.
The mounting location of the speedo drive gear are different for 69 and 73.
The 69 Speedo cable has a right angle adapter where the 73 does not.
Syncros and transmission internals are different between the years.
Transmission Mounts may be different, can't remember off the top of my head when the change occured.

There are other differences that I can't recall at the moment.

Darrin

·
149 Posts
Dmcbrass said:
I'm not positive but I think the 69 may have had a split front bumper
68's had a split bumper and early 69 might have as well. Almost every other 69 I have seen had the one piece bumper.

Darrin

·
'NO,......O P E L..G T!'
585 Posts
Has to be said that the biggest difference in the two '2 years 69-73' is that the difference is in fact 4 years :rolleyes:

On a more sensible side for all the sad people, like me, it's useful to note the differences between the years, I think most have been covered but I think I may have another.

Lower Spots Pod units, I think they're turn signals in the US, the pod units are chromed in the early models but are sprayed silver in the later models......I suppose it all save's money!

·
77 Posts
Motor Mouth said:
Has to be said that the biggest difference in the two '2 years 69-73' is that the difference is in fact 4 years :rolleyes:

On a more sensible side for all the sad people, like me, it's useful to note the differences between the years, I think most have been covered but I think I may have another.

Lower Spots Pod units, I think they're turn signals in the US, the pod units are chromed in the early models but are sprayed silver in the later models......I suppose it all save's money!
Having tried to re chrome the afore mentioned on many occasions I can concur with the above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts