Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening guys and gals,
About a week ago my speedometer quit working, after checking all the usual suspects I had to dig deeper and removed the tail housing I found the speedometer drive gear clip was broken. I tried several trans shops near me and nobody has it,
I can’t seem to find anything on the web either, the clips for the 350/400 and others are different. I didn’t see a listing on OGTS for one just the Speedo gear… does anybody know or have an idea where I can find one,
Thanks
JC
Musical instrument accessory Gadget Communication Device Bumper Electric blue
Handle Household hardware Door Wood Font
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Tints and shades Auto part

·
Can Opeler
3,764 Posts
I’m having issues with my 1.1L Kadett speedo too in the transmission side. Could you post a photo of where this goes in the tail section? That might help me find a part number (and diagnose if I have the same issue).

·
Opel Key Master
5,351 Posts
This is a clip, that slides under the tail shaft plastic gear inside the transmission. I was thinking a 1.1 transmission had a metal gear? This isn’t an automatic is it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it’s an automatic, and it is a metal clip that holds the gear on the tail shaft

·
Can Opeler
3,764 Posts
Yes it’s an automatic, and it is a metal clip that holds the gear on the tail shaft
Interesting. I bet a 1.1L automatic is fun to drive leisurely at constant full throttle lol. Probably a bit like my manual 1.0L

Reactions: kwilford

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The clip holds the drive gear on the tail shaft, the it has 2 taps one holds the gear to the clip, the other the clip to the shaft

1 - 11 of 11 Posts