Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I was curious if anyone knows where I can get a hold of the blueprints for a 69 Opel GT? They dont have to be detailed, all I need is a good side/front/back/top line drawings. Thanks!

·
Opel-ing since '74
1,139 Posts
Where in Philadelphia ?

Hello Hidden:
I *may* be able to find some copies of drawings in some of my Opel books that are scattered around the house. I'll let you know.

Where are you located in Philly ? I'm in Hatboro, grew up in Tacony.
Rick
73 GT
75 Manta

·
1,217 Posts
Blueprint

I'm not aware of anything real detailed. There are overall dimensions such as wheelbase, track width, height, length, etc. available. There is also a fairly detailed sketch in the service manual that shows dimensions to the various body mounting points. control arm attachments, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi! Thanks for replies! It doesnt really have to be detailed, and as long as proportions are correct I dont even need measurements. The reason I'd like to get a hold of the blueprints is I want to make a 3D computer model of this car. Aside from simply liking the look of the car, it'd be fun and maybe even useful to play with options such as colors, different body designs, etc.

Here's an example of what I need: http://www.suurland.com/blueprint_x...ia.com/blueprints/cars_sports/porsche_550.jpg

Thanks!

Anton

P.S. Opelgtguy, I've moved to Philly about 2 months ago and I'm pretty close to center city. But this is somewhat temporary, my "real" home is in Harrisburg, PA (yeah, 20 minutes away from Carlisle :cool: )

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Blue Prints

Detailed, actual, blue prints were being sold on EBay last year but by the time I had convinced the seller to export it was too late and the listings had ended. There were three blue prints complete with all relevant dimensions.

Some one must have purchased a set!

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
I know what you need, Hidden. I'd like to have a clean set myself for the PC so I could design my color schemes. I did find this one. With alittle "paint" work, it may work. If the drafters at work weren't so busy, I'd ask them to see if they could enhance it.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Old Hippie, this is perfect! Thanks very much! When I model the car, I'll do the color schemes for you :) If you happen to come across the rear view as well, let me know please, but if not, I can always use a photograph. Thanks again!

Anton

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,201 Posts
Everyone should get one of these. I got one from Keith 2-3 years ago and had it laminated and it's been on my garage wall ever since.

:yup:

·
Opeler
479 Posts

·
Opel Key Master
5,229 Posts
I'm glad you asked, because they are coming from the print shop tomorrow more than likely. Full color, I have 2 options for sizes, the 12x18 and a 18x24. The 18x24 will be shiny with the UV coated paper. The smaller 12x18 will be a semi shiny. Both are frame quality too, and not as big as the original. The posters are going to cost $30 shipped in either size, each additional ordered will cost $20 each. Order 15 or more, I'll bring them to you...lol.
I will start a thread on those and add the blueprint as well. Maybe I need to have a link setup or something to get these going...I'll try something on my website, and then get a new thread going.

·
Opelnut
943 Posts
Take Two

I will put in a request for two (2) of the larger ones
of the Aero posters please

:veryhappy:veryhappy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts