Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
tomking
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked at the 69 kadett rallye currently being offered on Ebay? If so could you please describe what condition you found it in? Plus does anyone know anything about the seller? The 68 rallye 1.5 was my first car; wish I still had it. Thanks.

·
Driver
987 Posts
The seller said an Opel person told them the paint and stripes looked original. I was under the impression that Rallye black on the hood was a flat black?
This car obviously has gloss black paint on the hood. Am I wrong?:confused:

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
The body has dents all the way around, even though there is no rust it would still require a significant ammount of work to get it straight again. It needs a head gasket and possibly to be milled and decked as it is leaking oil and water out of the motor. It would make a good project car, I was going to bid on it if it stays under $700, looks like it will go over that. Thats all I think that it is worth anyway. I've never seen a price guide for kadette though.

·
Super Moderator
3,272 Posts
Hood paint

I know for a fact the 69 Opel Rallye had flat black paint on the hood. I know this because I had bought a brand new one way back then! If the black paint on the hood in glossy, then someone repainted it or waxed it!

Roy

·
179 Posts
Re: Hood paint

Ooooner said:
I know for a fact the 69 Opel Rallye had flat black paint on the hood. I know this because I had bought a brand new one way back then! If the black paint on the hood in glossy, then someone repainted it or waxed it!

Roy

Waxing flat paint will not make it glossy... It will make it look seriously oxidized. I have a flat black hood on my Challenger and I have to be very careful when I wax it... It's like getting wax on the flat black trim pieces of any car.

·
Super Moderator
3,272 Posts
I stand corrected on waxing a flat black hood. ;) So apparently, the hood has been repainted if it is glossy. I was also very careful not to get wax on the flat black part of the hood when I owned the Rallye....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.